Access Talent Today, LLC
- Huntsville, AL
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing accounting activities supporting a variety government contracts. The successful candidate will need to be experienced in general accounting functions including journal entries, account reconciliations, sales and use tax reporting, accruals and month/year end closing processes.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Will serve as the primary point of contact for payroll to include reviewing timesheets, processing and submitting payroll, submitting applicable taxes, union, 401k payments, and end of year responsibilities.
- Responsible for ensuring all expense reports are reviewed and processed timely and are reconciled to the monthly credit card statements.
- Prepare monthly Invoices, reconciliations and process subcontractor payments.
- Process accounts payable company invoices. Responsible for collections on past due accounts.
- The candidate will also assist with financial reporting, support audits and assist with special projects as needed to include providing routine accounting and finance support.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance or other business related major. (10 Years solid accounting experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement).
- A minimum of six (6) years of solid Staff Accountant experience with a minimum of four (4) years in a government contracting environment.
- 5 Years’ Experience utilizing QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
- Strong understanding of Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work efficiently, multi-task, quickly assess risks/problems, and develop recommended solutions.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and have excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Should possess strong work ethic.
- Must be a team player and display professionalism at all times.
Tuesday, September 25, 2018