Sr. SQL Server Functional /Application DBA V2008 - 2012
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Jersey City, NJ
Our client is seeking consultants that will ensure that the new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance.
- Each week, give developers a list of the top 10 most resource-intensive queries on the server and suggest ways to improve performance on each.
- Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes.
- When users complain about the performance of a particular query, help developers improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes.
- Conduct SQL Server lunch-and-learn sessions for application developers.
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures, functions, etc).
Consultant must have experience:
- Writing and improving SQL Server T-SQL queries for at least a year. You will be known amongst the office as the go-to person for T-SQL questions.
- Designing tables and picking datatypes
- Using Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries.
- Using free tools like sp_BlitzIndex® and DMV queries to answer questions about index usage.
- On-call troubleshooting for SQL Server service outages.
- Deciding whether clustering, log shipping, mirroring, replication, etc are the right fit to solve a business problem.
- Must have a Minimum of 10+ years conducting general database administration tasks (e.g. DB
implementation, DB code deployments, DB backups, creation of DB user accounts).
- Minimum of 7+ years experience working as a SQL Server DBA.
- Must have 4 + years of ‘Recent’ Banking experience.
- Must have 'Extensive' experience working with DB’s of 30TB plus.
- Must have experience as an Functional & Application DBA.
- Must have at least 5 years administering database platform specific advanced features
(e.g. clustering, encryption, logical/physical standby, ETL, replication) and performance optimizing server database servers and SQL code.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience working in a SQL DBA Role with multiple databases and SQL development experience.
- Proficient in MS SQL Server 2008 - 2012.
- SSIS Package creation and debugging skills.
- Stored procedure development and tuning.
- Data replication exposure.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018