Sr. Sybase / SQL Server Production DBA
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Jersey City, NJ
Our client's Sybase/MS SQL Server Database Team is part of a Global DBA team. The Database Operations team is a critical component of the Core Systems Operations group, responsible for every aspect of database technology, operations and strategy, across platforms such as Sybase ASE/ Repserver/IQ, Apache Cassandra, Hadoop, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and GreenPlum.
The team provides 24/7 coverage in a follow-the-sun model and is responsible for monitoring, operational support and administering production environments for all of the client's businesses (including subsidiaries and clients).
The role requires providing operations, development and project support within the global database environment across various database platforms.
Key responsibilities of the candidate are as follows:
- Operational support of a wide variety of database technology
Provide database administration tasks such as:
- Dataserver build and configuration
- Performance & Health monitoring and troubleshooting
- Code release
- Space management
- Backup and restore
- Assess issues for severity, troubleshoot proactively and notify key stakeholders.
- Focus on service impact and timely resolution of critical investment system issues. Escalate outages until service is restored working in collaboration with Client Technical Services and other tech teams. Coordinate with external vendor technology support when required. Once issues are resolved in the short term, focus on root cause and long-term remediation.
Project based participation:
- Participate in major upgrades and migration/consolidation exercises. Creatively explore and implement new product features. Actively contribute to the Performance Tuning and Engineering activities.
- Contribute to our client's software toolset
- Contribute to the monitoring and maintenance utilities in Perl, Python and Java.
- Contribute to data captures to enable more in-depth analysis of the system.
- Must have 10+ years of experience working for US companies.
- Must have 4 + years of ‘Recent’ Banking experience.
- Must have recent experience performing Level 3 support (The highest level Support).
- These positions are for a ‘Global’ unit. Must have experience working with DB’s of 30TB or more.
- Understanding of large scale enterprise application setup across Data centers.
- Must have experience with Database Technology : - Sybase ASE (versions 11.9.2, 12.0, 12.5) and Replication (version 12.0 12.5), Sybase IQ, SQL Server v 2005-2016, and/or Oracle .
- Must have 5+ years of experience of Sybase ASE database administration and data replication across systems is required.
- Experience with Sybase RepServer administration is required
- In depth understanding of database system and operations
- Strong Ability to analyze SQL query performance and suggest probable solutions.
- Strong Ability to analyze MDA tables, various cache usage, server logs and error interpretation
- Understanding of Ability to write efficient and maintainable queries/code
- Experience with high performance environment, troubleshooting time sensitive critical issues and working with people
- Familiarity with Linux/Solaris/Windows
- Well versed with all shell commands like grep, find, sed, awk, ls, cp, netstat etc.
- Well versed with commands to check CPU usage, memory usage and disk usage on a Unix/Linux system using OS native commands
- Good understanding of shell/Perl scripting.
- Willingness to work during weekends on-site on DBA activities and designated shift hours
- Exposure or understanding of Big data technologies like Cassandra, NoSQL.
- Experience of working in financial markets
- Exposure to AutoSys/Cron scheduling tools
Tuesday, November 13, 2018