Industrial Engineer 3
Access Talent Today, LLC
- New Orleans, LA
U.S. Citizenship Required*
- Apply advanced Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools to promote and implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations.
- Independently develop models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provide summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (management, departments, suppliers).
- Apply advanced industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
- Research, design, develop, improve, and implement processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, by applying advanced Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Independently manage, define, negotiate, and control scope, cost, and timing of projects, and analyze risk using project management tools (work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation).
- Ensure project is completed within budget.
- Utilize advanced engineering methods (mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to develop optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products.
- Analyze and design value stream, including capability, capacity (make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Thursday, April 12, 2018