Access Talent Today, LLC
- Mesa, AZ
U.S. Citizenship Required*
Join our client's Information Services team as Information Science Specialist – Integrated Library Systems Administrator. Applying principles of Information Architecture (IA) and user experience (UX) to library websites, systems, repositories, and customer-driven projects you will gather, organize, filter, and deliver the right information in the right amount to the right user at the right time. We are looking for candidates with experience in and knowledge of Library, Information Science, or Information Management principles, practices, and systems. In addition, you must have demonstrated experience with ILS platform Millennium, as well as a strong knowledge of bibliographic metadata standards such as MARC.
- Analyze business partners' information needs, communicating and presenting information professionally and effectively, and advocating for library services are all necessary components of the job.
- Respond to complex inquires and performs complex operational assignments.
- Share knowledge and contributes to the development of information management products and services.
- Collaborate with the other Information Management lifecycle job functions and participate with Enterprise system architecture and applications function.
- Design, develop, and implement the look and feel, organization, functionality, and accessibility of IS websites.
- Collaborate with company technology resources and IS teams to support and communicate enterprise technology initiatives.
- Collaborate with IS focals for desktop management and server administration as needed to support IS business needs.
- Comprehensive understanding of and proficiency using Millennium Integrated Library System
- Strong knowledge of bibliographic metadata standards including MARC
- Experience with industry-leading web-based technologies (frameworks, databases, APIs) and semantic technologies.
- Standard data serialization formats like XML, CSV, JSON
- Proficiency in programming in a language such as Visual Basic, Python, Perl, Java: text processing, regular expressions, HTTP requests
- SQL and relational database structure, design, querying
- Experience working on the command line (logging into servers, writing and executing scripts)
- Experience with server and systems administration including the following competencies
- Microsoft Windows Server, IIS Server, SQL Server, Windows Active Directory, Oracle database, and Linux server administration
- Integrated Library System administration
- Demonstrated expertise applying bibliographic metadata standards including MARC
- Thorough experience in programming knowledge: Perl, Python, Visual Basic
- Repository application maintenance/development
- Good knowledge of HTTP and web application architecture
- Database design and querying with SQL
- Git source code management
- Experience managing a large legacy code base
- Data transformation and Web Design
- Experience transforming data across formats including XML, CSV, JSON, Excel, MARC
- Database querying with SQL
- Bootstrap front-end framework
- Active Server Pages (ASP)
- AngularJS knowledge helpful
- Technical Skills Web Design
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 8 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018