MP&P Technical Analyst 1
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Berkeley, MO
U.S. Citizenship Required*
Our client's Polymer Additive and Direct Digital Manufacturing Lab is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic person – excited about 3D Printing and the future of Aerospace manufacturing. This person will join our client's Research and Technology Materials, Process and Physics Team, supporting engineers in the areas of additive manufacturing, material testing and evaluation, composite fabrication, paint operations, assembly operations, documentation and record keeping, as well as keeping the lab area clean and supplied in support of multiple development programs.
- Evaluate parts, materials, processes, technology or equipment through research and testing to ensure safe, reliable, and accurate operation within specification.
- Analyze failed parts and processes to reduce or eliminate future failures.
- Strive daily to improve efficiency and first time quality in all tasks.
- Determine root cause and document results and recommendations.
- Propose, develop and validate revisions to procedures and specifications.
- Determine suitability of parts, materials and processes, coordinate with stakeholders and suppliers, schedule and oversee machine maintenance.
- Provide knowledge and technical consultation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Give tours of the lab as required. Work under general direction from lab lead and engineers.
- Program and operate Selective Laser Sintering (SLS), Stereolithography (SLA), Digital Light Processing (DLP)/Continuous Liquid Interface Production (CLIP), and Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) machines.
- Remove support material from prints. Operate other AM support equipment such as including bandsaw, manual grinder, beadblaster, parts washer, and tumbler.
- Operate, control, and optimize multiple Rapid Prototyping processes from CAD file to finished part.
- Required – Able to obtain Secret Clearance
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as the project demands.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work within and across an Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- Support troubleshooting of laboratory equipment and test-related problems
- Coordinate periodic calibration of equipment
- Work closely with health and safety personnel including performing daily safety inspections of lab areas
- Willingness to perform non-routine tasks such as minor machine repair
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Current DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience working in a laboratory environment, with 3D printing methods
- Experience operating a forklift
- Mastery of nesting, layering, and setting up SLA, SLS or FDM builds for optimized throughput
- Able to program and build complex and tight tolerance components
- Able to work overtime and/or weekends as required, with little to no advance notice, and sometimes for extended periods
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- AA degree in related discipline.
Thursday, April 5, 2018