Position: Senior Commodity Manager Direct Spend (Castings/Forgings, metals)
Location: Rochester NY
Job Department: Supply Chain / Purchasing
Position Type: Full Time-Direct Hire
Managers Others: Yes – manages one supply chain analyst
Travel: Occasional travel to suppliers on an as needed basis (mostly day trips) Occasional international travel Europe and Asia required
Education: Bachelor’s in Business Administration or Engineering required. MBA or ME Degree preferred, however not required
Previous Experience: 5-10 years of strong experience in a Worldwide Purchasing organization. Experience with defining and executing strategic sourcing, procurement best practices, supplier management best practices.
Knowledgeable in Manufacturing Commodities and direct materials in Castings (Investment, Sand, Die-casting, etc.), forgings, various metals
Recruiter: Karen Tyler-Remedy Technical and Professional Recruiting
• Negotiate supply agreements/contracts for multiple (direct material) commodities on behalf company.
• Subject matter knowledge and experience in negotiating manufacturing of Castings (Investment, Sand, Die-casting, etc.), forgings, various metals
• Work with key business partners and senior leadership to gain a solid understanding of strategic direction and supply requirements, corporate business objectives and priorities to develop global or regional category specific supply strategies. Provide market and industry intelligence to help inform and shape strategy.
• Build business relationships and own the partnering relationship with the relevant stakeholders of the relevant categories and the related supply base
• Lead supplier selection processes in alignment with business partners and negotiate contracts
• Marketplace benchmarking for best practices and pricing.
• Initiate, lead and participate in cross-functional teams in procurement and general projects as well as pro-actively managing and supporting other team members in their tasks and activities
• Continuous learning and development of category knowledge and methodologies driving innovation and continuous improvement within the targeted categories
• Supplier Performance Management: Standardization, Supply Chain Simplification, Cost Savings, Cost Avoidance.
• Manage contracts and suppliers within the targeted categories through supplier scorecards, periodic business reviews; active monitoring of supplier performance and risk, measuring contract compliance and other key metrics to ensure targets are being met and value is being delivered to the business under the supply agreements.
• Manage internal and external stakeholder engagements for efforts and program implementations, effectively delegating activities and tasks to drive process and schedule to completion. Provide periodic status updates, reports on progress and expected results to business area leadership.
• Solve complex problems important to the success of the organization and able to draw on experience to successfully negotiate lowest/best price.
• Work in self-managed team environment with minimal direct supervision.
• Leadership, interpersonal skills and teamwork.
• Sensitivity to different cultures and global country practices.
• BS in Engineering or Business required, (ideal ME) and MBA or other relevant certification (CPSM, Six Sigma, etc.) strongly preferred.
• Over 5 years of strong experience in a Worldwide Purchasing organization. Experience with strategic sourcing, procurement best practices, supplier management best practices.
• Knowledgeable Castings (Investment, Sand, Die-casting, etc.), forgings, various metals
• Experience in, and the ability to interact credibly with internal management and clients.
• Demonstrated leadership and team skills (ability to build and maintain cross-functional relationships based on win – win goals and objectives).
• Ability to integrate purchasing strategies with internal client objectives.
• Strategic focus; ability to analyze, formulate and implement procurement strategies to improve value.
• Negotiations skills and knowledge of how to structure and conduct eAuctions.
• Knowledge/experience in writing/negotiating supply agreements, contracts, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Self Motivated
• Demonstrated effective communications (oral, written, & electronic) & interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated effective planning, organizing, computer, and decision-making skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrated effective personal computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-Mail, and Internet.
• Strong financial and business skills.
• Innovative and results oriented.
• High degree of professional and ethical behavior.