Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Liverpool, NY
Overview:Successful candidate is responsible for purchasing and inventory management activities necessary to support sales of assigned product lines, while maintaining optimum service levels and inventory turns.
- Maintain accurate information for assigned products in system, including cost, list price, forecast parameters, and vendor part number cross references.
- Review inventory position and suggested purchase orders for all lines, and place orders as needed to maintain optimum service levels and inventory turns.
- Keep current on suppliers and products within assigned markets. Research cost effective alternative supplier options.
- Ensure best possible product cost & quality, including vendor performance.
- Expedite stock and drop-ship purchase orders as necessary to maintain on-time service levels to customers.
- Develop & maintain mutually beneficial relationships with all assigned suppliers.
- Manage and correct any quality complaints for assigned products.
- Respond to all inquiries from Sales and Customer Service regarding assigned product lines.
- Ensure vendor compliance to company’s inbound freight policies.
- Reconcile receiving and invoice discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance to company’s packaging and labeling requirements for incoming vendor receipts.
- Review and investigate sales variances for assigned product lines. Communicate purchasing forecasts to suppliers.
- Work with Sales & Marketing recommending and evaluating new product ideas.
- Review slow or non-moving inventory quarterly and facilitate disposal.
Experience and Education:
- Four-year degree in business, marketing or equivalent experience in related field.
- Three years of experience in purchasing and/or supply chain management.
- Solid PC skills – Microsoft Word & Excel
Submit resume with salary requirements for consideration. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, PTO, 401K and holiday pay. Direct hire, exempt position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with customers, sales, vendors and internal employees.
- Ability to calm work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good math skills; work with discounts, percentages and gross margins.
Thursday, October 18, 2018