Production Planning Manager
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Buffalo, NY
Remedy is assisting one of our manufacturing clients with filling their Production Planning Manager position! This is a full-time, direct-hire position within a great management team and offering great benefits!
What You’ll Be Doing:
This role is responsible for driving the effective planning and scheduling of plant production to support customer demand, business growth and operating effectiveness. The role manages production planning activities through a team to maximize the use of the organization’s resources and meet established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost and waste targets; and quality standards. Develops production schedules and processes. Leads and develop staff.
- Responsible for planning, developing and controlling inventory budget, including interpretation of sales forecasts and history, in accordance with company goals and objectives.
- Analyzes plant capacity and production requisition data to determine manufacturing processes and required resources. Liaises with operational area managers (production, maintenance, engineering, human resources, etc.) to integrate their activities into production plans, cost estimates and schedules.
- Coordinate with Sales, Supply Chain and Operations to ensure optimum levels of raw materials and parts are achieved to meet customer needs while containing expenses and inventory budget.
- Leads the constant revision of the schedule according to manufacturing work order specifications, established priorities, and availability or capability of workers, parts, material, machines, and equipment.
- Utilize lean manufacturing techniques to support material flow throughout the value stream.
- Oversee production planning, and responsible to train and develop the organization to understand critical concepts and principles of Lean and innovative planning methodology.
- Develop, coach, and mentor a team to support Production Control - Production Planning, Demand Planning and Inventory Management Functions
- Interact effectively with vendors and production management in problem resolution, performance evaluation, and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for reporting Metrics and Analysis. Reviews, identifies exceptions and recommends solutions for daily, weekly and monthly Supply Chain KPIs.
What You’ll Need To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required – industrial engineering, supply chain management, operations degrees preferred
- At least 6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment handling raw materials, inventory management, master planning, capacity planning, manufacturing process and MRP systems
- Leadership and management experience required
- Working knowledge of inventory tracking software
Monday, December 3, 2018