Supplier Quality Weld Engineer
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Clarence, NY
Remedy is assisting one of our manufacturing clients with their Supplier Quality Weld Engineer position! Apply today to learn more about this fantastic direct-hire opportunity.
Who may apply: US Citizens (Dual citizenships, visa holders and permanent green card holders are not eligible)
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Salary:Confidential salary + 100% paid medical, 401k defined contribution + additional matching, profit sharing, paid holidays and vacation, life insurance etc.
Travel: 50-75% travel – mostly regional day trips, international travel a few times a year.
Manages Others: No
Education:High School Diploma or GED required. 2 or 4 year degree in an applicable field is preferred
Experience:4-5 years supplier quality review and documentation working in the review of weld quality, nonconformance documentation, corrective actions, inspection and control plans all regarding welding applications.4-5 years supplier interface and communication.Excellent verbal and written skills are required.
Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager including the Director of Quality, reviews code requirements and customer specifications to convey manufacturing and inspection order requirements.Often works directly with sub-tier suppliers ensuring quality requirements are met and schedule and costs are on track.Must have the discipline to follow and adhere to Company Management System procedures, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Policies, and American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) code requirements for compliance with Industry Standards.
- Ability to review and comprehend complex specifications and industry codes.
- Professional written communications with applications, project engineering and/or customer to clarify requirements.
- Prepare Quality Inspection Plan to meet customer requirements, identifying specific manufacturing processes, material requirements, and nondestructive examination (NDE).
- Identify and submit required documentation for customer review and approval.
- Writes program procedures addenda as required to meet order requirements
- Populate NDE maps as required.
- Communicates with Supply Chain, Shop staff, Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) and Engineering on a daily basis concerning orders.
- Coordinates non-conformance reviews, corrective actions and continuous improvement.
- Participates in customer meetings, facilitate and escort customer inspections.
- Provide source inspections to ensure product is manufactured in accordance with customer, regulatory, and company requirements.
- Recommend corrective action or improvements to satisfy customers.
- Participate in up-date meetings and report to management status and milestones as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. 2 or 4 year degree in an applicable field preferred
- 4-5 years’ experience working in the review of weld quality, nonconformance documentation, corrective actions, inspection and control plans
- 4-5 years supplier interface
- Ability to read and interpret blue print drawings.
- Ability to use various types of precision measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of various NDE methods (such as visual PT, MT, RT) or equivalent experience.
- Must show proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Wednesday, November 21, 2018