Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Machining)- Direct Hire
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Cincinnati, OH
Position:Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Advanced Machining Applications)
Citizenship:American citizenship or permanent green card status is required.Visa statuses are NOT eligible
Hours:Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:00pm
Salary:Generous salary + ESOP, quarterly profit share, major medical and dental, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation and holidays
Education: HSD/GED required; completion of a machining/trades program is preferred
Experience:10+ years’ experience in a machining environment working with 4-5 axis mills including programming using Master CAM, troubleshooting setups and machining issues.Quoting jobs and equipment.Prior supervisory experience is preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction and interface with all levels of staff.
- Lead engineering and technical support for the installation, debug and setup of automated equipment and tooling on new processes.
- Identify, select and negotiate new milling and turning equipment for the shop as needed
- Quote pricing and lead times for product
- Manage assigned projects and develop structured approaches to achieve milestones, report variances, quote and lead new projects (including hands-on setups), etc.
- Lead efforts in process improvement initiatives to increase productivity.
- Lead efforts in continuous improvement initiatives/ processes to increase productivity and quality
- Assist in troubleshooting production problems with respect to machine tools, programming, and tool and fixture design
- OccasionallytravelstocustomerandIorvendorsitesandhelpsbuildpositiverelationships.Also meets with customers to:
- Develop I sell new ideas
- Establishes and communicates metrics to achieve established standards
- Develop variations on new products
- Handle immediate response issues
- Troubleshoot production problems with respect to machine tools, programming and fixture design to overcome technical, maintenance, material or scheduling problems.
- Contribute to growing working relationships with our customers and vendors.
- Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives and achievement of production requirements in both quantity and quality.
- ***Position is a growth position in a growing company, future responsibilities will include interviewing and overseeing training and management of new hires
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a machine shop or similar environment. Programming 4-5 axis mills, with emphasis on Horizontal milling experience a must. (Mitsubishi 400MM)
- Technical degree or equivalent experience in the following industries: aerospace, optics and/or medical equipment manufacturing, preferred, however not required
- Detailed knowledge and experience in SPC and GD&T.
- Experienced in today’s cutting tool technologies.
- Extensive experience using CAD/CAM programs; Mastercam X software preferred.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- ISO 9000 experience/ knowledge. ITAR and AS9100 experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Mitsubishi controls preferred.
- Experience with quoting complex turn-key Aerospace, Medical and Optics parts and assemblies.
- Experience identifying and quoting new equipment based on technology advancements and customer needs
*Individual must have a proven work ethic and have a "hands-on" approach to achieve results when required
*Strong leadership capabilities and initiative are vital.
*Flexibility to be able to complete projects on time.
*Excellent communication skills (to all levels)
*Possess strong and creative problem solving skills
*Takes ownership of the position
*Ability to follow through and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment
Tuesday, November 13, 2018