Electrical Technician 3rd Shift
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Buffalo, NY
Remedy is working with one of our manufacturing clients to fill their 3rd shift electrical tech position! This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career. Full-time, permanent with benefits! Shift hours are Monday through Friday 11 PM to 7:30 AM. Pay rate around $24/hr depending on experience!
What You'll Be Doing:
This role is responsible to learn, understand, troubleshoot, repair, replace, install, and modify all of the electrical components and control systems of the facility, using AC/DC circuitry, schematics, programmable controllers. This position is also responsible to repair, maintain, troubleshoot mechanical aspects of production equipment.
- Install, maintain, repair, and adjust electrical components, controls and equipment in accordance with applicable codes and standards such as but not limited to drives, PLC's, etc.
- Troubleshoot, locate and repair electrical malfunctions, utilizing proper tools and testing instruments.
- Evaluate and address electrical problems of production and fabrication equipment in the facility.
- Receive and complete maintenance work orders as assigned
- Follow up on repairs made to ensure repair is working and production and fabrication needs have been met
- Order parts needed to repair equipment in order to eliminate any equipment downtime.
- Communicate any delays anticipated in repairs that may impact safety, service, quality, cost
- Regularly document, track, record, and update tasks assigned in the maintenance work order system
What You'll Need To Have:
- HS Diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- Additional training/education in mechanical or electrical required.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints
- Ability to use multi-meter, scope meter, and other electrical testing equipment
- Proficiency in computer using Excel, Word, Outlook, and other software applications required to complete job assignments, process work orders, order parts.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot equipment problems and identify root cause, and recommend solutions, verify that the solution has eliminated the problem
- Recognize recurring problems and work to eliminate them
Wednesday, November 28, 2018