Accounts Payable (Inventory Manufacturing)
Remedy Intelligent Staffing
- Rochester, NY
Overview: Successful candidate will be in a supporting role preparing inventory related invoices and company accounts payable for processing. Assisting with inventory reconciliation and weekly and month end close procedures. Responsible for reconciling accounts for inventory. Requires use of several types of resources to obtain vouchers for tracking of freight and processing payments.
- Assists with various analyses relating to inventory and year end processes.
- Performs cycle counting processes Tool Crib, Mtnce Crib and tracks progress
- Performs daily inventory reconciliations relating to month end close.
- Prepares monthly and weekly journal entries associated with manufacturing such as labor charge out entries.
- Prepares PPV spreadsheet weekly and codes all freight related invoices weekly – Franklin, UPS, FedEx, etc.
- Daily maintenance of incoming correspondence and invoices
- Checks invoices against inventory receiving records for pricing and quantities; investigates if discrepancies exist and rectifies same with Purchasing, department manager or with vendor.Invoices are then processed by Accounts Payable Team.
- Follows up with vendors regarding missing invoices, as requested by Accounts Payable Team
- Checks debit memos received from purchasing for accuracy, including proper G/L coding. Debit memos are then processed by Accounts Payable Team.
- Maintains records for company scrap recovery
- Tracks returns of all inventory through company documentation and makes sure credits are applied when needed (CM doc types)
- Assists with audit requests additional work requests from Cost Accounting Manager when requested
- Assists with switchboard relief as needed.
- Responsible to keep Procedural Manual current for the position
- Assists Accounts Payable Team, as needed
·Check requisitions, purchase orders, vendor invoices and Company checks and stationary
Experience & Education:
2+ years of experience in inventory related accounting and/or general accounting practices.
- ·HS graduate or GED, two year associate degree preferred
- ·Familiarity with computerized accounting systems.
- ·Familiarity with JD Edwards a plus.
- ·Good interpersonal and organizational skills are essential.
- ·Must work well in a team environment.
Friday, November 30, 2018
$15.00 - $20.00