Senior Construction Project Accountant
ROI Search Group
- Indianapolis, IN
Our client, a large, complex healthcare client in Indianapolis, seeks high-performing and successful project accountant who has construction experience . The Project Accountant will serve as a financial resource to all operational leaders across the region.
If you are a Project Accountant with experience in construction , please read on. The project accountant position is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variances, reviewing expenses, budgets, and ensuring that project billings are issued correctly. General accounting including accounts payable, payroll, job costing, and general ledger posting - and working closely with capital and design and construction teams.
In addition, will assist in preparing financial and strategic budgets, performing data analytics, financial reporting, strategic projects, benchmarking, and monitoring financial reporting for the corporate departments.
Incredible opportunity for a high-performing candidate ready to take their career to the next level.
- Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties.?
- Assist and answer questions with external auditors as needed.?
- Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.?
- Create project accounts; owning job cost tracking, analysis, and reporting.
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders.
- Authorize access to project accounts and expenses of project related accounts.
- Review and approve supplier invoices and overhead charges related to a project.
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses.
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
- Confer with receivables staff regarding unpaid contract billings and/or capital classifications.
- Report on project profitability to management and funding available for projects.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Create and submit government reports and tax returns related to projects.
- Create and submit capital documents.
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, tracking, and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects.
- Manage project financial communication and construction accounting with internal and external partners.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4 years of finance/accounting experience with a minimum of 3 years of construction.
- Strong communication skills.
- You must have a passion for getting things done, and an appreciation for details.
- You must believe in continual process improvement, but you must be ready to jump in to handle fires as they occur.
- 3+ years in job experience within the Construction Industry.
- Self-starter, can work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in high stress environments with quick turnaround times.
Tuesday, January 23, 2018