Senior Software Engineer - Elixir
- Boston, MA
This client is a SaaS business dedicated to helping customers build products their users love. They offer a suite of products and services that let their customers design and publish user experiences, product tours, and flows to their sites with a simple, code-free interface.
Behind this product is a scalable platform for real-time, in-app user communication with single-digit latencies and four-nines reliability. Behind that platform is a team of dedicated, pragmatic,
nuts-and-bolts engineers making the whole thing work.
They're looking for a few great platform engineers to help make 2018 another hockey-stick year leading growth into the future.
As Back-End Software Engineer::
- Provisions, tunes, and maintains data persistence layers such as DynamoDB, Postgres, Redis, S3, Firebase DB, Redshift, etc.
- Measures, monitors, and ensures the performance and availability of their platform.
- Configures and automates system testing and deployment in both AWS and Google clouds.
- Acts as a technical lead, mentor, and project manager as required.
- Performs expert-level debugging of complex, multi-system issues.
- Integrates dozens of external SaaS products into a suite of services.
- Is committed to the privacy and security of customers' and end-users' data.
- Works with customers directly for integration, support, and occasional custom development.
The best candidates for this position:
- Has 4+years of professional software engineering experience, including at least 2 years focused on backend development.
- Demonstrates strong skills working within the Unix operating system.
- Possess a solid understanding of the current landscape of data storage and processing technologies.
- Are intimately familiar with current infrastructure/platform-as-a-service offerings. (IaaS / PaaS)
- Prefer working in a highly collaborative environment at a small, customer-focused startup.
Our clients are equal employment opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
ONLY CANDIDATES CURRENTLY LIVING IN OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO BOSTON PLEASE. UNFORTUNATELY, SPONSORSHIP OF ANY KIND IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018