Senior Director, Financial Systems
- Los Angeles, CA
Our client is looking for a Senior Director of Financial Systems to join their IT team.
- Recommend and develop strategic technology plans to achieve business goals by prioritizing technology initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Execute the short and long-term IT ERP/Financial systems strategy and plans for systems implementation, providing product management and support, including IT service management and operations, budgets, and staffing to accomplish business objectives.
- Work closely with Senior Management and other teams from Accounting, Property Management, FP&A, IT and other financial affiliates to ensure the company leverages current and future technology to achieve business objectives.
- Develop and document the financial applications roadmap in alignment with annual technology strategic plans and communicates business/technology alignment plans to executive team, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Enhance company's IT strategy to encourage growth, cost savings, operational efficiency and overall company alignment.
- Keep apprised of new and innovative solutions and offerings and manage relationship with 3rd party vendors who deliver ERP and financial solutions.
- Work collaboratively with senior management to obtain approval of business cases to include design, proposal, and justification of solutions and applications
- Responsible for supporting critical business strategies by directing the architecture, implementation, and maintenance of financial business systems.
- Responsible for defining policies and standard operating procedures for operations of systems and delivery of services
- Define and establish system controls, procedures, and review activities that meet regulatory and compliance requirements as defined by internal and external oversights [Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), FINRA, Internal Audit, External Financial Audit, etc.)
- Develop and manage IT departmental budget.
- Identify, engage, and manage outside partners/vendors to provide services in support of operations of systems and technology services, and for projects for technology initiatives and in support of business processes
- Manage, coach, and provide strategic direction to a team of professionals including Business Systems Managers, Business Systems Analysts, Support Team
- Manage implementation efforts and provide guidance for internal financial business partner teams including product owners, accounting and financial teams.
- CFA, CPA or other financial certification preferred. Candidates with relevant experience in lieu of certification will be considered
- Experience with Yardi, MRI, Nexus Payables, Salesforce, Sharepoint, and Active Directory preferred
- Working knowledge of GAAP and FASB principles
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting & Finance or similar field
- 5+ years of financial controller or accounting management experience
- 5+ years of technology management and/or project management experience
- PMP Certification preferred
- Ability to compose and articulate concepts and activities via written documents using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio in support of essential requirements
- A solid understanding of Project Management Methodology (PMM) fundamentals
- Expert proficiency in O365 applications with ability to use functions, pivot tables and formulas within Excel.
Friday, November 8, 2019