Systems Administrator - Financial Services
- Los Angeles, CA
The System Administrator will be responsible for the planning, installing, testing, monitoring, and ongoing administration of the firm’s systems used for managing endpoints. The System Administrator will work closely with the help desk team to help minimize ticket lifecycle times.
- Escalation point for endpoint and Windows server related issues.
- Build out solution documentation and mentor help desk staff.
- Work with the team to develop monthly or quarterly lunch and learn type meetings where the helpdesk can dive into a new topic relevant to ongoing issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Understand best practices for system administration (use of remote tools, documenting tasks, etc.).
- Work with help desk to minimize ticket lifecycle times.
- Review tickets to ensure items are being escalated appropriately.
- Review tickets to ensure adequate information is being captured.
- Review tickets to identify trends and offer proactive solutions.
- Make recommendations to management where systems may be modified or improved to reduce support issues.
- Maintain security as a top priority when reviewing systems and troubleshooting issues.
- Involved in identifying and researching potential security issues.
- Firm grasp on operating system components, process structure, file systems, registry hives, remote access, and event logging.
- Basic understanding of protocols like HTTP, DNS, and TCP/IP.
- Basic understanding of network concepts and OSI model.
- BS in MIS, CS, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working as a system administrator.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Windows Server.
- Experience working in a regulated environment where security and audit protocols are enforced.
- Experience documenting and defining processes.
- Experience with Power Shell or other scripting languages preferred.
- Experience in an ITIL shop a plus.
- Basic understanding of virtualization including the use of virtualization in desktop and application delivery.
- Experience administering Office 365 and InTune is preferred.
Friday, November 8, 2019
80,000 to 100,000