Database Engineer - TechOps
- Santa Monica, CA
Our client is looking to add a database engineer to their team.
- Working with multiple business units day-to-day operations.
- Installing, monitoring, maintaining, upgrading, and tuning databases supporting a network of web sites/business units.
- Performance optimization, rewriting queries, introducing indexes, tables partitioning and schema maintenance.
- Implementations of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels of project delivery and ensure availability of all features and functions.
- 2+ years of experience as a DBA and/or Systems Administrator.
- Understanding of the UNIX systems programming and administration philosophy.
- Proficiency in the following database technologies: MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch Redis.
- Experience designing and supporting development, testing and production databases.
- Experience setting up replication, sharding other high availability solutions.
- Working expertise with at least one scripting language: Python, Bash, and Perl.
- Strong Linux working knowledge (preferably RedHat/CentOS family)
Friday, November 8, 2019