Senior Back End Engineer
- Playa Vista, CA
- Build, optimize and scale our Node.js platform and infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineers to identify common pain points, develop solutions, and evangelize best practices.
- Provide technical leadership across platform engineering and help guide the overall engineering vision.
- Improve developer productivity through better tools, processes and frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of asynchronous programming patterns and developing a service oriented architecture.
- Design, develop, implement and test scalable and performant backend microservices.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes to support hundreds of millions of records.
- Solve complex server side engineering problems.
- Value autonomy and ownership of your work.
- Responsible for the uptime of a production service.
- Work collaboratively with other developers on the engineering team.
- 5+ years experience building highly-available, scalable and modern API based applications.
- Demonstrated mastery of back-end web development technologies and principles.
- Proven ability to research and learn new technologies.
- Operational experience running Node.js services at scale.
- Experience building applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Building, maintaining, and evolving core libraries, services, and/or platforms.
- Building and operating scalable, fault tolerant, distributed systems.
- Utilizing cloud-based solutions.
- Using and writing REST APIs.
- Addressing complex architectural problems with simple, intuitive design.
- Writing comprehensive tests to ensure a high level of quality.
Friday, November 8, 2019