Senior Data Engineer
360 Talent Group LLC
- Columbus, OH
360 Talent Group is working with our downtown client to assist in identifying a Senior Data Engineer with strong experience in Microsoft BI tools and Cloud solutions.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Responsible for architecting, building and implementing performant and scalable data solutions on cloud and on premise platforms, including data ingestion, storage processing and presentation.
- Develops solutions by analyzing needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow/work processes, and investigating problem areas.
- Works through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle starting with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and implementation.
- Participates in the analysis of requirements with business users and effectively translates customer requirements and recommended system solutions to prepare technical specifications.
- Responsible for analyzing, programming and implementing modifications to existing systems required by changes in the business environment.
- Reports on project progress to supervisor and other department personnel; performs “walk through” of critical areas of program development to assure user needs are met, and appropriate achievement of platform integration and object reuse.
- Consults with other staff members on an ongoing basis as necessary. Provides identification and resolution of problems as needed.
- Assists in determining scope of work and recommended approach to projects.
- Regularly communicates with and presents deliverables to clients.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and developments in the information technology industry. Applies state-of-the-art solutions to business problems on an ongoing basis.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned or required.
Skills (Desired Abilities):
- Results-driven and self-motivated.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different deadlines and budgets.
- Familiar with software development lifecycle and the use of methodologies.
- Knowledge of data processing, business application systems, programming languages, systems analysis, testing and design, computer operations, financial concepts and analysis.
- Experience working with traditional data warehouse architectures as well as big data and NoSQL systems. Well versed in pros and cons of various data systems architectures and able to recommend the optimal solution for each use case.
- Experience building pipelines to ingest data from diverse sources, including databases, flat files, IOT devices and APIs, through ETL and ELT processes, data streaming tools and custom code.
- Experience developing and supporting data systems on premise and in the cloud.
- Experience with setting up, configuring and managing data systems on public cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience optimizing data systems’ performance including data throughput, read/wright performance, queries perfromance, response time, capacity, user conflicts, etc.
- Knowledge of data governance principles, ability to perform data profiling tasks, determine and enforce data quality rules and provide secure access to data.
- Proven record of building performant scalable data solutions
- Working knowledge of containers, orchestration and microservices architecture
- Proficiency with object oriented programming languages and frameworks
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 7 + years’ experience as a data engineer (data modeling, ETL/ELT, queries, data visualization)
- Experience with the following technologies: Microsoft BI suite (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Cassandra, Kafka, Spark, Alteryx
- Experience with public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
Friday, February 7, 2020
$100,000 - $130,000