Microsoft Systems Engineer
Absolute Staffing & Consulting Solutions
- Baltimore, MD
Microsoft Systems Engineer - 6 Month Contract with possible extension
Absolute Staffing & Consulting Solutions is seeking a Microsoft Systems Engineer on behalf of our client. The successful candidate will provide ongoing maintenance and technical implementations to include Microsoft best practices and licensing protocols.The Engineer will manage Windows-based infrastructure solutions, deployments, and upgrades. Troubleshoot technical issues across multiple data centers. Monitor and maintain Windows server platforms and Active Directory. Build physical and virtual servers and systems according to specifications.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identity and resolve system issues.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software and operating systems.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage and document system configurations
- Manage backup processes and environments, application performance tuning, capacity planning, systems monitoring and alerts, and supporting program environments.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related field and five years of experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Microsoft or other systems engineering and computer science related certifications preferred, but not required.
- Transformational product and technology capabilities (i.e., analog to digital);
- Ability to deal with the public, press, other officials, members of other boards and state and federal officers or representatives in a manner that is diplomatic, clear, and knowledgeable;
- Computer proficiency, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and financial management software;
- Excellent verbal, writing and non-verbal skills
- Persuasive, consensus builder.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Plan and execute long-term strategy around driving customer awareness, engagement, experience and monetization;
- Have experience developing new channels and business models, as well as innovative products and services;
- Tech-savvy; the ability to ask the right questions is a minimum requirement;
- Have experience running a P&L;
- Has digital acumen but and is a seasoned general manager who can operate within a large-scale business and influence effectively across the organization;
- Knowledge of the relationships with other local governments and other levels of government;
- Knowledge of research methods and techniques utilized to assemble, organize, and present in written or oral form statistical, financial, or factual information derived from a variety of sources;
- Knowledge of the laws, ordinances, and other requirements governing local government;
- Outstanding writing and presentation skills required.
- Setting strategy: With the digital landscape evolving so quickly, the person needs to have excellent strategic skills, with the ability to chart the right course and make agile alterations when needed
- Executing for results: Strategic insight must be coupled with a strong execution orientation and an ability to deliver results despite the complex and fluid environment
- Building relationships and using influence: In today’s climate, the culture and practices within a business can change as quickly as those in the external market. Must be able to build relationships across all levels and functions of the organization—from the Board down to the front line—and effectively manage conflict
- Leadership: Must in turn be able to recruit top talent and to lead large and (sometimes) globally distributed teams
- Demonstrating cultural sensitivity: This is particularly important, as those skilled in new digital tools may view the world differently from others in more traditional parts of the business.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019