IT Project Manager
Absolute Staffing & Consulting Solutions
- Baltimore, MD
IT Project Manager - 6 month contract with a possible extension
THIS IS A NON-CIVIL SERVICE POSITION
Absolute Staffing seeks an experienced Project Manager on behalf of our client who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day technical, operational and administrative aspects of agency-budgeted projects through all lifecycles, i.e., design through to completion.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
The IT Project Manager will be responsible for planning, coordinating and directing the development, oversight and coordination for information technology projects within a city agency IT unit. The IT Project Manager is an associate-level position reporting to the Enterprise PMO Director for our client.
- Manages assigned team members through all project phases: needs assessment, system analysis, implementation, development, maintenance and support. Identifies gaps in systems performance and user requirements and develops quality control measures to ensure new design closes this gap.
- Maintains the scope, schedule, quality and cost of the project within respective application area, coordinates project activities with other project managers, and reviews the progress of the project on an ongoing basis.
- Defines project objectives and oversee quality control throughout its lifecycle.
- Maintains information technology strategies by managing staff, researching and implementing technological strategic solutions.
- Ensures organizational effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting agency strategic plans.
- Sets project standards and methodology. Submits progress reports to senior managers and customers.
- Develops, recommends, and manages project budgets and resources.
- Communicates with customers and stakeholders to identify changing requirements, clarify the desired outcome and actual performance of a project.
- Manages project staff to achieve project objectives and administers the allocation of jobs and budgets of a project.
- Identifies and proactively addresses and resolves project risks.
- Negotiates with suppliers and sub-contractors for cost management.
- Directs cross-functional project teams as defined and needed to achieve agency strategic plan.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of relative, appropriate industry software programs.
- Knowledge of financial management for project management.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand and document business requirements.
- Excellent project management skills and knowledge of applicable software.
- Technical understanding of technological changes, challenges, and opportunities.
- Time management skills to prioritize day-to-day priority activities.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources including team members and other stakeholders.
- Ability to be respond to a changing environment, acknowledging urgency when necessary.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alternatives promptly and efficiently.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university; and
- Six years of project management experience including application programming, systems design, hierarchical/relational databases, or GIS; Six – Ten years of demonstrated progressive project management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous project management lead experience is preferred.
- Previous IT experience in government is preferred.
- . An equivalent combination of education and experience.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATES
Advanced technical credentials, e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile experience (PMI-ACI/CSM/PSM), preferred
Wednesday, August 28, 2019