GIS Fiber Technician
Absolute Staffing & Consulting Solutions
- Baltimore, MD
GIS Fiber Technician - 6 Month Contract with a direct hire possibility
Absolute Staffing & Consulting Solutions is seeking a GIS Fiber Technician on behalf of our client.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintains, enters, and manipulates data in various GIS systems (ArcOnline, ArcGIS Desktop, 3-GIS WEB, 3-GIS WEBJS, 3-GIS Mobile)
- Ability to utilize survey reports, maps, drawings, Plats, aerial photography, and other geographic data for consideration in designing FTTx projects
- Communicate lessons learned to the Engineering Manager and the project team
- Is reliable and dependable to complete assignments accurately and on time
- Able to take direction and work closely with the team to identify and communicate challenges and recommended process improvements
- Accuracy, quality and completeness and schedule adherence can be independently maintained by you, and measured by others
- Submits accurate timesheets for payroll processing
- Demonstrates courtesy and ability to work with others in the office
- Provide other related support as requested
- Must show the ability to enter data quickly, correctly, and efficiently.
- Understands how to convert data from older sources into digital formats
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geography or equivalent is required. Geographic Information Systems certificate preferred.
- Electrical utility or communication utility (phone or cable company) background is ideal but not required
- Experience using Java, VB, C++, Python is a strong plus
- Experience with Google Maps/Earth, AutoCad, MicroStation, ESRI, Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, QGIS, and Microsoft Office Suite
Wednesday, August 28, 2019