Junior Lost Time Claims Adjuster- Remote
Absolute Staffing & Consulting Solutions
- Rolling Meadows, IL, United States
Junior Lost Time Claims Adjuster
This is a junior/entry level adjuster position.
Salary: 60k-75k, depending on experience
The Junior Lost Time Adjuster determines the extent and legitimacy of claims and issue benefits as jurisdictionally required.
- Responsible for prompt and pro-active management of medical only claims from time of receipt to conclusion of claim to ensure timely, fair, and cost-effective resolutions. This includes timely contacts with insureds, claimants, and medical providers; making compensability determinations; paying wage loss benefits; issuing jurisdictional appropriate forms and EDI transactions; evaluating injuries and treatment plans.
- Properly reserves funds. Adjusts reserves timely and appropriately as the facts of the claim change.
- Reviews and maintains claim system diaries.
- Properly documents files to support decisions and actions taken pursuant to applicable Best Practices.
- Follows company policies and procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Follows client specific special handling instructions.
- Effectively communicates in a professional manner both verbally and written.
- Prepares claim summaries and attends claim reviews and client meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred.
- One year related claims experience is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of accepted industry standards and practices Computer experience with related claims and business software
· Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan, and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
· Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses.
· Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of serious claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/online to be considered
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
· Must be willing to execute Employee Agreement or Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Must meet minimum qualifications. NO Exceptions.
Monday, February 5, 2024