Lost Time Claims Adjuster
Remote - Must have Illinois Workers Comp experience to apply.
As a member of our claims team, you will utilize your knowledge of Workers Compensation to independently investigate, evaluate, and resolve assigned claims of a more complex nature. In this position you will administer high level workers compensation claims in accordance with legal statues, policy provisions, and company guidelines.
Investigates, evaluates, disposes, and settles the most complex claims and highest exposures with minimal supervision. Includes the investigation, determination and evaluation of coverage, liability and damages, and the setting of proper reserves. Incumbents at this level typically hold claims reserve and settlement authority of up to $10,000 liability and/or $25,000 workers compensation or greater. Dedicated account and manageable case load.
· Exercises proper judgment and decision making to analyze the claims exposure, to determine the proper course of action and to appropriately settle the claim.
· Interacts extensively with various parties involved in the claim process.
· Able to clearly communicate concise action plans, and present plans for moving the case to conclusion.
· Will demonstrate complete knowledge of the claim file process through presentation of actions and responses to client questions.
· Processes claims consistent with clients' and corporate policies, procedures and "best practices" and in accordance with any statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
· Demonstrated ability to comply with carrier reporting and threshold requirements.
· Able to recognize and pursue excess insurance recoveries. Incumbents will have the ability to handle a full case load, with proven ability to handle cases of increased severity
· Ability to think critically, solve problems, plan, and organize activities, serve clients, negotiate, effectively communicate verbally and in writing and embrace new challenges.
· Analytical skill necessary to make decisions and resolve complex issues inherent in handling losses.
· Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of serious claims including the ability to interpret related documentation.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
· Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
· 18 years of age or older or can demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
· Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
· Must be willing to execute Employee Agreement or Confidentiality/Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits.
Must meet minimum qualifications. NO Exceptions.
WE WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT CONSIDER ANY APPLICANTS WHO DOES NOT HAVE LOST TIME WORKERS COMPENSATION CLAIMS HANDLING EXPERIENCE!
Start Date – January 23, 2023