We are looking for an H & S Manager with some environmental experience to join our team of professionals in Blue Earth, MN. for a unique assignment. If the description below sounds like you, Apply Now!
This is a 1099 position working 5 days per week (40 hours/week) at the site for as long as services are needed.
The primary goal of these services is to maintain H&S activities during this interim period. Services will include, but not be limited to, the following tasks:
• H&S program improvement and implementation
• Delivery of applicable H&S training
• Workplace hazard identification and assessments
• Incident investigations and corrective action development
• Participation in management meetings
• Other applicable H&S management tasks, as requested by the customer
- BS is preferred but not necessarily a requirement if they have requisite experience
- ASP/CSP certifications are not required, but would be beneficial
- The candidate should have a minimum of about 5 to 7 years of professional safety experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable (food manufacturing is even better)
- Strong knowledge of OSHA general industry regulations (29 CFR 1910)
- Skilled trainer in OSHA safety programs, including lockout/tagout, PPE, hazard communication, emergency action plans, machine safety, etc.
- Capable of performing and documenting risk assessments and hazard inspections
- Must be an effective communicator (written and oral), and be willing to take direction from both CMI and the customer
- The work will be daytime (~ 7 to 4 pm), but there may be a periodic need to conduct training or perform assessments on off shifts.