Claims Administrative Rep
Looking for a dedicated career admin service person. Only serious inquiries need apply. Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits package.
This position supports the Claims Division in achieving and promoting the lowest fair claims settlement. This position is responsible for the routine administrative and customer service aspects of the claims handling process according to the established guidelines of the Claims Division.
I. AUTHORITY – Only applicable for the department listed below
Entering Drafts, payments and setting up reserves
Workers’ Compensation & Managed Care: $5,000
II. COMPETENCIES AND Essential Duties
· Adheres to the work group’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills team or work group responsibilities; demonstrates personal commitment to group goals.
· As directed by leadership, this position will be responsible for training team members on current processes.
Attention to Details
· Enters data into the claims processing systems as instructed by the Team Leaders, Claims Managers, or adjusters while adhering to quality and productivity guidelines established by the claims division.
· Claims Division: Inputs the proper coverage(s) and classification(s) when setting up new claims.
· Claims Division: Answers Claims switchboard calls (approximately 300 calls per day), providing callers with basic information and transferring calls to proper adjusters.
· Inputs claims to the correct line of business.
· Performs duties outside of the claims systems, such as filing, distribution of mail, check printing and other various tasks, in support of the claims division.
· Claims Division: During periods of high claim volume, provides prompt and professional customer service to agents, policyholders, and internal customers regarding new claim notification, inquiries, and requests received via telephone, fax, email, or internet.
· Ability to validate adjusters’ clerical requests.
· Research policy/or policy or client procedures and other systems to resolve claims processing issues.
· Communicates with internal and external customers by phone, fax, and e-mail in a professional and courteous manner.
· Puts new knowledge, understanding, or skill to practical use on the job; furthers learning through practice and ongoing feedback.
· Readily absorbs and comprehends new information and develops skills from formal and informal learning experiences.
Performs various projects requested or assigned by the employee’s reporting manager noted above.
III. CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES
Effectively Communicates and Connects
· Communicates clearly and concisely.
· Prepares written communications that adhere to department standards.
· Attentively listens and asks clarifying questions.
· Builds a positive relationship within the workplace.
Talent Development Mindset
IV. SPECIAL RELATIONSHIPS
Technical/ Professional Knowledge
V. JOB REQUIREMENTS (as required by ADA – Americans with Disabilities Act)
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000 per year