SIEM Engineer -LogRhythm (Remote/Virtual)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Washington, DC
Who we are looking for:
A subject matter expert for SIEM content within our client's Managed Security Services (MSS) team and works in client's 24x7x365 Security Operations Center and is responsible for designing, implementing, and managing security content used to help protect our customers. Experience and knowledge of SIEM technologies, cyber threats, and enterprise defenses are essential.will be expected to stay in tune with client configuration issues and all internal projects. Primarily looking to hire in: Overland Park KS or Elkridge MD; can be Remote/Virtual work-Any City, USA.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Develop use cases, rulesets, and content definitions based on numerous intelligence and detection products.
- Design, develop and review complex SIEM content based on endpoint events, network events, and threat intelligence.
- Work with security analysts, intelligence analysts, SIEM engineers, and customers to continuously improve published content.
- Manage a content library on multiple platforms for hundreds of unique customer environments.
- Follow change/release management procedures applicable for production environments.
Qualifications for success:
- Equivalent to 3+ years professional experience in the cyber security field and professional experience writing SIEM content; college degree, preferably in IT or cybersecurity field
- Professional security certifications (Security+, GCIA, CEH, CISSP, etc)
- Prior experience working in a Security Operations Center; working with Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) products; Elastic Stack, Splunk, or equivalent
- Demonstrated technical writing skills and the ability to explain complex problems to nontechnical teams
- Deep understanding of cybersecurity threats and enterprise defenses; ideal candidate will have prior experience as a security analyst/engineer/architect, penetration tester, or related position.
- Understanding of network appliances and architecture
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide after-hours support when needed
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time
Thursday, February 7, 2019