Cyber Security Analyst (device and network scanning)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Washington, DC
Seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to support the “PBGC” customer in Washington, D.C. This position is a member of a team that supports the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC), an independent agency of the United States government. The team operates within the agency’s Information Technology Infrastructure Operations Department (ITIOD). The role is a part of the Development, Modernization, and Enhancement Team providing engineering solutions in support of the PBGC ITIOD.
The successful candidate will manage the web application scanning program, reporting to the vulnerability management team lead.
Manage the weekly device and network scanning program using Tenable Security Center and Tenable Nessus in an environment with approximately six thousand configuration items. This position will be reporting directly to the Patch and Vulnerability Management Team lead.
- Knowledgeable of how to execute weekly scheduled scans, ad-hoc scans and decommission scans.
- Knowledgeable of how to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve scan issues.
- Capable of working with the Windows, Linux, Telephony and Network teams to resolve credential scan access issues.
- Capable of working with the scan tool vendor (Nessus) to resolve application scan issues.
- Familiar with Change Management to secure approval for proposed changes and facilitating the implementation of changes via ServiceNow and performing validation scans to assess change implementation.
- The individual should have advanced knowledge of using Microsoft Excel to analyze and present scan data using pivot tables and other similar tools.
- Some experience with scripting to automate the development of reports and presentations will be very useful.
- Must be Capable of developing, documenting and improving work instructions for weekly scanning of the entire environment and contributing to the development of the Patch and Vulnerability Management standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance. No Visa Support and No C2C
Wednesday, February 26, 2020