Sr. Decentralized Systems Engineer - Blockchain (Nationwide Relocation)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- San Francisco, CA
Our client is designing and building decentralized applications and a fully decentralized protocol for health insurance. The perfect candidate has an in-depth understanding of distributed systems, blockchain, and hands-on experience architecting and developing on existing blockchain smart contract platforms. You will work directly with the CTO and an experienced team of developers and will be a key part of pragmatically decentralizing the product.
- Participate in design and implementation of our fully decentralized protocol for health insurance. This includes developing, testing and deploying the backend and smart contracts needed to do so.
- Help architect and implement our token-based incentive model which introduces a new icro-economy for aligning patients, providers and drives towards decentralization.
- Design and develop any APIs and/or SDKs required to support these services
- Own monitoring, alarming, analytics, and reporting on all services you build, ensuring high performance and responsiveness
- Coach and mentor other members of the development team, growing the collective knowledge and expertise of the group
- 5+ years of software engineering experience developing highly reliable, scalable services, incorporating REST and microservices patterns
- Strong comprehension of computer science fundamentals, object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Code (provide GitHub link or smart contract addresses) that demonstrates your ability to build or architect distributed systems and/or blockchain code
- Comfortable working in a devops/CI environment
- Demonstrable strong interest in blockchain, token models and decentralisation and a desire to contribute to thought leadership in the company.
- The ability to articulate the pros/cons of current blockchain implementations beyond Ethereum.
- Hands-on experience creating smart contracts, or building on blockchain
- Interest and some understanding of second layer security solutions such as sMPC, zero-knowledge, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment, including raising the bar for operational excellence
Saturday, June 30, 2018