Cyber Malware Analyst (Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility required)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Arlington, VA
Seeking a Cyber Malware Analyst in Arlington Virginia. This position will support Department of Homeland Security, which provides cutting edge Cyber, Information Assurance and Security Services.
The selected applicant will become part of the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT), responsible for analyzing and reducing cyber threats and vulnerabilities, disseminating cyber threat warning information, and coordinating incident response activities. US-CERT provides advanced network and digital media analysis expertise and defends against malicious activity targeting networks within the United States and abroad.
- Collect and analyze event information and perform threat or target analysis duties.
- Provides operations for persistent monitoring on a 24/7 basis of all designated networks, enclaves, and systems.
- Interprets, analyzes, and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with Computer Network directives, including initiating, responding, and reporting discovered events.
- Manages and executes first-level responses and addresses reported or detected incidents.
- Reports to and coordinates with external organizations and authorities.
- Coordinates and distributes directives, vulnerability, and threat advisories to identified consumers.
- Provides daily summary reports of network events and activities and delivers metric reports.
- Recommend counter measures to malware and other malicious type code and applications that exploit customer communication systems.
- Conduct reverse engineering for known and suspected malware files.
- Develop analysis and make recommendations for the purchase of hardware and or softwarethat will mitigate malware intrusions.
- Develop policies and procedures to investigate malware incidents for the entire computer network.
- Assist in the development and delivery of malware security awareness products and briefings.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required for the level 4 role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain SCI eligibility is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Experience in reverse engineering.
- Debugging and Debugger experience.
- Disassembling/disassemblers experience.
- Experience developing advanced technological ideas and guiding their development into a final product.
Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Current DHS Suitability at the SCI level.
- Current DHS EOD.
- Experience working within the Federal government technology community a plus.
- MSCE, CCNA, CCNO, or CISSP
Thursday, September 20, 2018