- Assist with designing and fielding special purpose systems for critical missions, utilizing the latest virtualization products and recommending hardware procurement.
- Design and support a virtualized windows server environment utilizing VMware & vCenter Server to manage windows virtualization on R&D and live windows server environments.
- Provide day-to-day Information Systems (IS) engineering services to support the operation of the Command's AIS classified and internal special access networks.
- Provide day-to-day infrastructure maintenance for Command AIS systems.
- Provide system-engineering services to troubleshoot/correct network, system and software failures as reported by network users of the Command network.
- Provide training and support for AIS personnel on network configuration, troubleshooting, operational procedures and use of software packages on the numerous Command networks.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date system drawings to accurately reflect the configuration of the Command’s classified computer networks.
- Provide communications network support to on-going Program Management Office (PMO) sponsored research and development programs involving information systems mission requirements as tasked by management.
- Provide general system engineering support to the Command as required and tasked by NCWDG N6 department management.
- Understand user needs and expectations for AIS functions.
- Understanding of Linux environments from the end user point of view.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Create an IS disaster recovery plan.
- Provide software and hardware architectural analysis.
- Provide testing & evaluation support for network systems.
- Manage software and software license
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. 8 years’ experience in lieu of a Bachelor degree.