Engineering Design Rep – N3
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Centennial, CO
U.S. Citizenship Required*
- Provide electrical engineering design packaging and drawing expertise within the Ground Command, Control and Communications (GC3) Organization.
- Develop and complete drawings to be released in the configuration managing system.
- Drawing include design models, parts lists, documents and schematics.
- Develop drawings using model-based views, parametric dimensions and feature definition using best practices including geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Utilize available automations and utilities to perform self-verifications of models, drawings and build of materials.
- Work within the applicable engineering release system to create or complete the change documents as needed.
- Create supporting administrative documentation and products associated with a given design, including the Engineering Bill of Materials (EBOM), Change summary documentation, accurate change cut-in, Schedule/Milestone priorities, as applicable.
- Design major components, or major portions of a functional system, or technically advanced prototype, promotional or specific products.
- Develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Develop basic data and makes preliminary layouts, sketches, and notes necessary to present design proposal.
- Investigate pertinent design factors such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials and equipment, interchangeability, replace ability, strength-weight efficiency, and contractual specification requirements and cost.
- Coordinate with other organizations affected by design development.
- Make layouts of assemblies and details parts of devices, mechanisms, structures, and products.
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning.
- Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Autocad and NX implementing electrical systems, packaging and designs
- Proficiency in Geometric and Tolerancing applications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
- Demonstrable communication skills (verbal and written).
- Able to interface with numerous Design Engineers in a teaming environment
- Must be able to obtain, and maintain security clearance.
- Understanding of electro mechanical interfaces
- Able to organize, schedule and coordinate drawing release process (Teamcenter experience a plus)
- Effective communication skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks
- Able to identify, process and resolve design issues
- Self motivated with initiative and teamwork attributes with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to CAD file share & manage, and convert
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; 4 years of directly related work experience may be substituted
- 5-8 years of applicable CAD design experience
Friday, August 31, 2018