Seeking a Windows Server System Administrator in the Fort Meade area.
- Assist with designing and fielding special purpose systems for critical missions, utilizing the latest virtualization products and recommending hardware procurement.
- Design and support a virtualized windows server environment utilizing VMware & vCenter Server to manage windows virtualization on R&D and live windows server environments.
- Provide day-to-day Information Systems (IS) engineering services to support the operation of the Command's AIS classified and internal special access networks.
- Provide day-to-day infrastructure maintenance for Command AIS systems.
- Provide system-engineering services to troubleshoot/correct network, system and software failures as reported by network users of the Command network.
- Provide training and support for AIS personnel on network configuration, troubleshooting, operational procedures and use of software packages on the numerous Command networks.
- Draft and maintain up-to-date system drawings to accurately reflect the configuration of the Command’s classified computer networks.
- Provide communications network support to on-going Program Management Office (PMO) sponsored research and development programs involving information systems mission requirements as tasked by management.
- Provide general system engineering support to the Command as required and tasked by NCWDG N6 department management.
- Understand user needs and expectations for AIS functions.
- Understanding of Linux environments from the end user point of view.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Create an IS disaster recovery plan.
- Provide software and hardware architectural analysis.
- Provide testing & evaluation support for network systems.
- Manage software and software license
Typical education and experience: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years related experience, PHD or JD and four (4) years related experience. 15 years work experience in lieu of a Bachelor degree
Required education and experience
- active ts/sci clearance with ability to get ts/sci with ci poly
- bachelors and five (5 ) years or more experience or 8 years of related experience.
- security + ce certification (or any iat level 2 certification)
- 4 years of windows and/or network experience.
- windows server 2008/2012 r2 experience
- vmware expertise. Using esxi and vsphere version 5.1 and up.
- vcenter server expertise managing a mid- level enterprise.
- active directory, dns and group policy expertise.
- linux experience: ubuntu, red hat, and general linux experience.
- basic network switch and routing experience.
- ability to work independently
- ability to rack and stack servers. Lift 50lbs or more
- ability to lead entry level system administrators
- security monitoring & auditing (sccm) acas & solar winds tools experience desired.
- ability to inventory equipment/software and provide list of what’s needed
- ability to evaluate technologies for factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, usability for implementation, etc.
- ability to attend building architecture meetings an provide valid input on equipment requirements/needs