Cloud Security Engineer (Azure) - REMOTE, USA
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Dallas, TX
The Cloud Security Engineer will assist with the development and implementation for Azure ,AWS , Google cloud security architectures for protecting PHI/PII/PCI data deployed into various cloud, hybrid, and on-premise systems. This position will directly contribute to the overall implementation of global enterprise security cloud architecture while working closely with senior staff to enhance and develop new designs and security strategies across all types of cloud-based applications (including infrastructure, platform, and software as a service.)
The Cloud Security Engineer will partner with both senior staff and clients directly to ensure open lines of communication and clear understanding of objectives within each project. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, required for partnering with both internal resources and external clients and resources.
This is a remote/virtual position with travel (25%)
Responsibilities and skills include:
- Implement security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Thoroughly document implementations, via technical documentation and run-books for the client
- Provide input and feedback on security architectures
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP, and Microsoft Azure platforms
- Possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and technologies.
- Represent Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global cloud enterprise architecture
- Customer facing role – Walk thru to white boarding of architecture and implementation planning to stakeholders
- College degree or/equivalent and 5 years related work experience, required
- 2-4 years’ experience with Security Architect and/or Engineering.
- 2-3 years’ experience with Cloud platforms such asAmazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, GCP
- Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security), data protection, cryptography, key management, identity and access management (IAM), network security) within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible) preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Proficiency in scripting programming languages – Python, JSON, Ruby, C#, Powershell, YAML
- Experience and exposure to threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
Friday, January 11, 2019