Software Engineering Manager - C++ Preferred
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Huntsville, AL
Seeking a Software Engineering Manager to support the MLRS team onsite at Redstone in Huntsville, AL.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software. Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- Act as Scrum-of-Scrum Master for 2-3 teams to track cross-team dependencies and resolve barriers
- Facilitate Defect Triage meetings and manage the Issue Analysis process
- Conduct key formal peer reviews, collect key metrics to facilitate a learning organization
- Ensure Definition-of-Ready and Definition-of-Done criteria being met
- Facilitate common software requirements analysis across multiple projects
- Assist Chief Software Engineer and Technical Program Managers with overall continuous technical process improvements
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT:
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Experience leading multiple related projects in various stages of lifecycle through a rigorous engineering process
- Experience interfacing with other functional leads from Systems and Test Engineering
- PMP, CSM, CSPO, and/or SAFe Certifications a plus
- Experience with Agile Toolsets for managing teams, tasks, user stories, and epics
- Experience adapting/tailoring processes to Agile/Lean principles
- Knowledge of CMMi, Earned Value Management helpful
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience
Technical / Tool Skills:
Current or previous in-depth Software engineering experience, preferably with C++
Knowledge of Agile technical practices
Experience with various development environments, versioning tools, SCM
Knowledge of Software Architecture and Safety concerns helpful
Attention to detail and completeness
Assertive Communication skills
Systems thinker who views engineering organizations and the SDLC holistically from a system perspective with inputs and outputs.
Friday, September 20, 2019