Lead Cloud Developer – REMOTE Opportunity (no Visa support)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Washington, DC
Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust (Thus, must at least have a Green Card, No Visa Support)
Seeking a forward-thinking senior cloud development architect/engineer to join a team in support of their GSA Enterprise Operations contract. Client’s vision is to be the premier technology integrator in the market by making a profound difference supporting their customers’ missions.
The successful candidate will act as the lead contract developer and play a critical role in establishing a reliable, efficient, and secure IaaS solution in support of GSA’s mission. The lead developer will work closely with our GSA customer to architect solutions, design and implement an IaaS management solution, and manage development staff tasks. The candidate will work in an Agile/DevOps environment and will have an in-depth understanding with demonstrable experience developing cloud solutions specifically within AWS. These solutions include but are not limited to automation of AWS IAM account management, automated VPC provisioning, integration of hybrid cloud services, and integration of AWS services with ServiceNow.
- Lead architectural discussions utilizing previous experience and industry best practices to develop cloud services for GSA tenant environments.
- Designs, plans, and integrates cloud services using infrastructure as code and modern cloud-native deployment techniques such as DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Develops automation scripts/code for efficient deployment and operations of cloud services.
- Develop code to expand selectable tenant cloud services to include DNS, IDMS, custom AMIs, security tools, etc.
- Maintains technical expertise, relevant industry standards, and best practices in cloud computing
- Evaluates and reports on new cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis, and Engineering.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into infrastructure and software specifications.
- Develops creative technical solutions to complex problems.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction and reviewed for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
- 10 years of IT experience, BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of experience/ certifications in lieu of degree)
- 5 years of focused cloud development programming/scripting experience.
- Demonstrable mastery of Golang and concurrency patterns.
- Specific experience with coding/scripting using Terraform and AWS CLI/SDK.
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Code (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, etc.).
- Experience utilizing Github for management of code and services.
- Experience managing AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience integrating cloud services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud architecture, operations, DevOps, and administration
- General administration experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6/7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead architectural and development discussions.
- Able to obtain (and maintain) GEO Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
- Able to travel up to 5 percent
- Position is remote/telecommute based, 95 percent
- Desired Experience and Certifications
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification (Professional strongly preferred).
- Experience with CircleCI.
- Experience using Trello and or Jira for Agile project management.
- Experience with administering or developing within the Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with VMware vSphere and/or vRealize Automation.
- Experience utilizing Docker container services.
- Experience with AWS GovCloud desired, C2S strongly preferred.
- Experience developing workflow integration between cloud platforms and ServiceNow.
Monday, January 13, 2020