Project Manager Technical Services- FAA
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Coral Gables, FL
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work scope development for airframe, engine, APU and landing gear (Flight equipment), contract negotiations, technical and administrative oversight as required.
- Over sight of flight equipment maintenance, modification and storage.
- Lessee field audit and technical inspection to ensure leased assets are maintain in compliance with OEM specifications and regulatory guidelines.
- Regulatory agency compliance and interface as required ensuring compliance with all mandatory policies and procedures, including OEM guidelines (ie. EASA, FAA, CAA, CAMO, DGAC, AMM, MEL, SEP’s, etc.)
- Quality Control oversight to ensure high standards for safety, procedural discipline and quality with regard to Company’s portfolio assets.
- Research and utilization of Company’s global resources to minimize related maintenance and transportation costs.
- Promote a professional, positive and ethical work culture that promotes transparency and constructive criticism for continuous improvement.
- Maintenance and enforcement of Company policies, procedures, best practices in safety, workmanship, continued training, IT utilization and reporting.
- Planning of all technical operations worldwide including the coordination of pre-buy inspections of equipment purchases, coordination of ferry flights, delivery and re delivery of equipment to and from lease.
- Evaluate upcoming Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) and Airworthiness Directives (AD) for applicability to the equipment owned and managed by the company. Develop the work scopes to implement the applicable AD’s in to the fleet and the economic impact the AD would have on the fleet.
- Develop work scopes for all equipment inducted into “C” and “D” checks, modifications, storage, upgrade and tear down of aircraft and engines.
- Maintain an up to date hard time, LLP, AD’s, “last done, next due”, and heavy check history list for all equipment owned or managed by the company.
- Coordinate with Records Department to execute conformity of Aircraft for Lease / Purchase / Lease Return.
- Experience throughout the program (STC development/ modification) life-cycle from development through sustainment to include proposal development, requirements decomposition, generation of system and subsystem statements of work and subcontracts, risk management, and continuous improvement efforts including implementation for cost reduction and performance improvement efforts.
- Develop cost accounting model and reporting for each major project assigned; experience with metrics for assessing and reporting program progress, productivity and variance analysis.
- Ensure compliance to the contracts, export regulations, engineering, logistics, manufacturing and supply chain management.
- Coordinates all activities with management and other crew chiefs as necessary. Update manager as to project status. Responsible for tasks, orders parts, assures accurate documentation, inspects completed work, completes operation tests and preliminary post-work inspections and completes work order forms.
- Coordinate the troubleshooting of instruments, components, systems and assemblies.
- Provide interface, communication and coordination with internal and external customers on matters pertaining to existing contracts, bids and proposal activities.
- Develop and implement plans and schedules to execute contracts/subcontracts.
- Allocate and control contract budgets for labor, material, travel and purchased services. Report program status to senior management on a monthly basis.
- Formally identify, assesses, monitor and mitigates risk throughout the program life cycle. Obtains management approval prior to making decisions that will cause deterioration of established program, cost and schedule objectives
Education, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Must be a U. S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident / Green Card Holder)
- BA/BS Degree or a combination of at least 5 years of Vocational and Military Technical Training required
- 10 (+) Years’ working in the avionics field preferably in the MRO, airline or aircraft lessor field.
- Current FAA A&P license is required.
- Demonstrates technical skills and expertise in aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Knowledge of repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Requires excellent oral/written communication skills and proven ability to manage a large aircraft portfolio.
- Extensive aircraft purchase, lease and maintenance contract terms negotiation, LOI drafting, maintenance forecasting and contractual return condition valuation
Wednesday, September 4, 2019