MSS Support Agent
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Columbia, MD
What we are looking for:
The MSS Support Agent will be responsible for updating customer work requests and following operating procedures to perform MSS support tasks including health checks, reporting, work ticket acknowledgment and assignment, basic troubleshooting and other tasks as required for MSS service health and operation. The MSS Support Agent will contribute to the development of the knowledge base and troubleshooting information to expand the efficiency and performance of MSS services.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work with staff of higher tiers to establish procedures for task handling, initial troubleshooting, and escalation to a customer, partners, and internal staff as appropriate.
- Receive and acknowledge customer tickets, obtain clarification if needed and assign to an appropriate level with appropriate timeframe and urgency.
- Post regular updates to client tickets per SLA requirements.
- Follow established procedures and policies to perform responsibilities, manage client requests and acquire required product training and certifications.
- Develop product, technical and security skills in order to provide more advanced service tasks and troubleshooting.
- Perform knowledge transfers and train MSS Support Agents on procedures and use of security products.
- Receive problem escalations of issues that MSS Support Agents were unable to resolve.
- Apply escalation guidelines.
- Contribute to Knowledge Base and distribute technical info.
- Decode error messages and provide corrective action
- Document the “most often asked questions”
- Search Vendor’s Knowledge Base and other sources for known issues
- Comply with established response times.
- Minimum 2-3 years professional experience in Information Technology or 6 Months – 1 year professional experience in the Information Security field.
- Network+ or Linux OS certification.
- General security knowledge (Security +, or other security certifications)
- High School degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security or client network environment.
- Completed training in one or more network security products to include: Enterprise endpoint security products, Network components such as Firewalls and Proxies to include Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva, Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM) to include McAfee ESM (Nitro Security), ArcSight, Q1 Labs, Splunk, LogRhythm or other similar network security products.
- Understanding of network architecture and implementation is a must
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills
- Superior IT problem-solving skills
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on call support when needed
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week
- Ability to travel at least 10 percent of the time
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing Systems for Incident and Problem Tracking (i.e. Jira, Service Now)
- Security certification (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications)
- General understanding of various SIEM security products such as: ArcSight, QRadar, Nitro, Splunk, LogRhythm and experience with infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP etc.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
- Have some SQL database experience.
- Have some Linux OS experience.
- Familiarity with malware and malware analysis.
Sunday, January 20, 2019