Sr. SIEM (Splunk) Engineer - Overland Park KS, Plano TX, Roswell, GA, or REMOTE
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Washington, DC
Who we are looking for:
The Senior SIEM Engineer, MSS works in our client's 24x7x365 Security Operations Center as a member of the Managed Security Services (MSS) team and will be responsible for the creation of procedures, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining security systems across internal and client environments. Experience and knowledge of SIEM or Situational Awareness are essential. The Senior SIEM Engineer | Splunk will work closely with Management, Senior Engineers, Solution Architects, other Senior SIEM Engineers and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients. Serve as a primary responder for Managed Security customer systems, taking ownership of client configuration issues and tracking through resolution.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Act as a point of escalation for other Engineers (Associate SIEM Engineer & SIEM Engineer) and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Assist with client transition and onboarding serve as primary point of contact for Managed Security Service clients.
- This will require documentation of Account Governance processes and responsibility for report generation and notification to senior leadership about potential client Service Level Agreement (SLA) issues.
- Explain and demonstrate how to use Splunk SIEM and Enterprise Security products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
- Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
- Implement and configure SIEM software and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
- Develop and deploy Splunk SIEM content and reporting.
- Provide escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 for Authorized Support Customers, following processes and interacting appropriately with both customers and partners when required.
- Perform knowledge transfers and train clients regarding security and system configuration
Qualifications for success:
- 3+ years professional experience managing and maintaining SIEM systems.
- 2-3 years professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
- 1+ year professional experience writing SIEM content.
- Prior experience in a technical team leadership role.
- College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security, or client network environment.
- Advanced information security knowledge in one or more areas such as Enterprise end-point security products (i.e. McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator, Virus Scan, Anti-Spyware, Host Data Loss Protection, Endpoint Encryption, etc.) Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), to include: QRadar, Splunk, LogRythm, NitroSecurity ArcSight Q1 Labs RSA Envision Network Firewall, Web Proxy, E-Mail and Web Gateway etc. to include: Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva.
- Understanding of network architecture and implementation is a must; ideal candidate will have worked with network security analysis.
- Experience with content SIEM content creation and reporting.
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills.
- Superior IT problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Linux OS.
- Shift flexibility, including the ability to provide on call support when needed
- Demonstrated experience and success in a Managed Service client environment
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to work greater than 40 hours per week as needed
- Ability to travel up to 10 percent of the time
- Experience working with Internal and client Ticketing and Knowledge Base Systems for Incident and Problem tracking as well as procedures. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- General security knowledge (GIAC, CISSP, CCSE, CISA, HBSS, NSA, CEH, Cisco Security, Security +, or other security certifications).
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems.
- An understanding of a wide array of server grade applications such as: DBMS, Exchange, DNS, SMTP, IIS, Apache, SharePoint, Active Directory, Identity Management, Patch Management, LDAP, SQL, and others.
- Experience with various SIEM security products such as: ArcSight, QRadar, Nitro, Splunk, LogRhythm and infrastructure components such as proxies, firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP etc.
- CCNA, CCDA, CCSA, CCIE, CISSP, CEH, or MCSE.
- Familiarity with DevOps
- Prior consulting experience
Wednesday, April 10, 2019