Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Lead
Access Talent Today, LLC
- El Segundo, CA
Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Lead with experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based systems. Candidate will provide systems engineering and integration expertise and leadership in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) Space Based Environmental Monitoring (SBEM) and Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) programs. Candidate will support system engineering and integration activities to include requirements definition, change impact analysis, technical baseline and schedule integration, verification planning and execution, and risk/issue management. Candidate should have experience with system acquisition, systems engineering lifecycle, architecture, operations concepts, requirements and interface development and maturation for space and ground systems.
Major duties of the position include:
- Ensuring effective integration of space, ground, operations, and sustainment activities and products; hardware and software, and all other aspects of systems and organizations across the SMC Enterprise.
- Ensuring successful execution of systems engineering, integration, test and transition to operations activities.
- Providing leadership for all planning and scheduling activities required to ensure the government maintains proper levels of margin to manage program execution risks.
- Interacting with the prime contractor and government leads to ensure that all system requirements are coordinated, scheduled and planned across the SMC Enterprise.
- Supporting the customer in defining, capturing, and maintaining the technical, schedule, and cost risks throughout the system lifecycle and developing risk mitigation courses of action and assessing impacts of risks and proposed changes.
- Providing on-going communication, engagement and collaboration across the enterprise (space segment, ground segment, systems engineering, advanced planning, etc), while identifying and managing integration issues and risks.
- Performing technical reviews, and assessments; coordinating analyses efforts, methods, and techniques; developing products and briefings; and performing technical engagement with, and briefings for and to, government customers, stakeholders, and the prime contractor.
- Leveraging enterprise level systems engineering and integration processes to manage operational transition and fielding of a multi-segment complex system.
- Identifying issues, evaluating alternatives, developing plans, resolving technical issues, and interfacing with functional areas across the enterprise.
- Developing acquisition-related briefings, plans, papers, and other documentation to enable SMC Enterprise decision making.
- Collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Master’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 15+ Years of demonstrated system engineering and integration leadership experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD or NRO programs with a proven delivery record or a Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 17+ Years of demonstrated experience.
- Strong, proactive leader who takes the initiative to identify, own and solve customer problems.
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player.
- Experience managing operational transitions and fielding of complex satellite systems.
- Experience working across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system integration requirements that insure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met.
- Demonstrated experience working with Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems.
- Experience with system requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment.
- Ability to think critically, synthesize information from multiple sources into comprehensive plans, assimilate diverse user and mission needs, identify technical issues, and understand impacts within and external to the enterprise.
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Excellent, organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
- Active TS/SCI Security Clearance
- OPIR and SBEM Mission experience is highly desirable.
- Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience using Sparx Enterprise Architect or other comparable tools.
Tuesday, January 14, 2020