Principal SIEM (QRadar) Engineer - (Dallas, TX or Remote, USA)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Dallas, TX
Who we are looking for:
The Principal SIEM Engineer (QRadar) works in our client's Security’s 24x7x365 Security Operations Center as a member of the Cyber Operations team. The employee will be assigned to one of our Security Fusion Center clients and be the primary engineer on all aspects of their QRadar environment. In addition, they will assist other teams with onboarding new clients and adding to the client's general knowledge base. This position is also expected to contribute to the creation of procedures, implementation of processes and development of staff for managing and maintaining security systems across internal and client environments. Experience and knowledge of SIEM or Situational Awareness are essential. The Principal Security Engineer (QRadar) will work closely with Management, Senior Engineers, Solution Architects, Senior Security Engineers, other Principal Security Engineers and clients to complete high profile, critical services to existing Managed Security Service clients.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Lead engineering team by prioritizing clients work requests, projects and service tasks.
- Work closely with Management, Service Delivery and other Principal Engineers in defining processes and procedures for internal projects.
- Guide the design, development and review of complex security SIEM content.
- Analyzes and identifies areas of improvement with existing processes, procedures and documentation.
- Develop individual team, defining strategies and responsibilities to be successful and grow.
- Develops internal training methods to support Managed Services and their clients.
- Act as the point of escalation for other Engineers (Associate Engineer, Security Engineer, & Senior Engineer) and provide guidance and mentoring.
- Assist with client transition and onboarding serve as primary point of contact for Managed Security Service clients.
- This will require documentation of Account Governance processes and responsibility for report generation and notification to senior leadership about potential client Service Level Agreement (SLA) issues.
- Explain and demonstrate how to use SIEM and Enterprise Security products to both technical and relatively non-technical personnel.
- Provide remote consulting services via interactive client sessions to assist with implementation of multiple product vendors and technologies.
- Implement and configure SIEM software and appliance-based products in large enterprise and Government environments.
- 5+ years professional experience managing and maintaining SIEM systems, specifically QRadar.
- 2-3 years professional experience working with networks and network architecture.
- 1+ year professional experience writing SIEM content.
- Prior experience in a technical team leadership role.
- College degree or equivalent training with experience working in a Security Operations Center, Managed Security, or client network environment.
- Advanced information security knowledge in one or more areas such as Enterprise end-point security products (i.e. McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator, Virus Scan, Anti-Spyware, Host Data Loss Protection, Endpoint Encryption, etc.) Security Information and Event Manager (SIEM), to include: NitroSecurity ArcSight Q1 Labs RSA Envision Network Firewall, Web Proxy, E-Mail and Web Gateway etc. to include: Palo Alto / Checkpoint / Juniper / McAfee / Cisco / Blue Coat / Imperva.
- Understanding of network architecture and implementation is a must; ideal candidate will have worked with network security analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency with platform SIEM engineering.
- Familiarity with SIEM content creation and reporting.
- Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills.
- Superior IT problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Linux OS.
Monday, April 1, 2019