Top Secret, Communications Security (COMSEC) Auditor - 75% Travel
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Springfield, VA
Communications Security (COMSEC) Auditor to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program.
**extensive foreign and domestic travel to DOS posts located worldwide.**
This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
The position directly supports DoS to provide COMSEC support in providing audit assistance for the DoS COMSEC custodians located domestically and OCONUS.
Description of Duties:
- Perform audits of COMSEC accounts to include reviewing and assessing the adequacy of COMSEC accountability and tracking documents in line with CNSSI No. 4005 and Department of State policy.
- Ensure personnel on site are adhering to proper regulations, procedures for storage, maintenance, and handling of COMSEC material and documentation.
- Provide proper guidance in the maintenance and usage of COMSEC Material.
- Complete pre-audit planning to include logistics scheduling, visa management and tracking.
- Draft post-audit documentation and summary reporting.
- Knowledge of COMSEC logistics functions with regards to the ordering and distribution of COMSEC material.
- Adhering to and ensuring enforcement of the national policies relating to protection of cryptographic material, including two-person integrity.
- Drafting correspondence and official audit report message traffic utilizing State Messaging and Archive Retrieval Toolset (SMART) - for wide distribution within the Department of State.
- Provide training to COMSEC account personnel on Key Management Infrastructure (KMI) concepts and processes.
- Working knowledge of COMSEC Accounting, Reporting, and Distribution System (CARDS).
- Provide corrective actions to personnel as well as document any COMSEC security violations – cryptographic security, physical security, emissions security as listed in the Department of State FAH and FAM guidance.
- Provide fundamental training on key inventory process to include distribution, tracking, and destruction of keys on Tier 3 data transfer devices (DTD) such as Really Simple Key Loader (RASKL) and KIK-20 Secure DTD2000 System (SDS).
- Provide on-site assistance and training for secure voice equipment.
- Ability to train on and interact with Inline Network Encryption (INE) devices such as KG-175D, KG-175F, KG-175G, and KG-250X.
- Interacting and briefing key customers on the standing of each COMSEC account.
- Assist with planning and implementing annual COMSEC Auditor security trainings and seminars.
- Requires extensive foreign and domestic travel to DOS posts located worldwide.***
Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
Experience to include:
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience as a COMSEC Custodian or Alternate with at least 1 year at a 6-digit National-level COMSEC account.
- Previous experience working with a Central Office of Record environment providing support and guidance to subordinate COMSEC accounts.
- Knowledge of cryptographic equipment such as INE, DTD, and Secure Voice.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Exceptional communication skills to include high level of writing, editing and proofreading competency as well as an advanced oral communication skillset.
- Familiarity with shipping classified or confidential materials.
- Certification as a COMSEC custodian from an accredited training facility.
- Familiarity with COMSEC Accounting, Reporting and Distribution System (CARDS).
- Must be willing to travel
One of the following certifications required:
- NSA-approved COMSEC Account Manager certification (DoD/Military Branch equivalent)
- Department of State COMSEC Custodian course certification
- KMI Management Client certification
- Top Secret Clearance(Active) with ability to obtain SCI
Knowledge of Black Key Distribution methodology
- Preferred candidates will have an IAT Level 2 certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Familiarity with Key Management Infrastructure (KMI).
Wednesday, January 15, 2020