Senior Database Administrator (Interim Secret clearance required)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Fort Huachuca, AZ
Our client is looking for a motivated candidate capable and willing to learn and perform the following duties:
As a senior database administrator (DBA), the desired candidate will become part of a customer focused team responsible for the ongoing maintenance and documentation of database components supporting critical information systems and enterprise end users. Continual care of the databases are required to ensure that applications and databases operate at peak performance, with integrity and are as secure as possible. Knowledge in applying Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG’s) tracking the DB’s security compliance and troubleshooting are vital to this position. Candidates should be proficient in documenting their process for DB optimizations, troubleshooting and new builds. Ideal candidates will be adaptive to changing environments display initiative, good judgment, and have a positive attitude.
- HS +6 or AA/AS + 4 or BA/BS +2 IT experience/ education
- IAT II certification required (GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP)
- Microsoft, Oracle, or other related datbase certifications per the requirements list w/in 180 days.
- Excellent team skills, must be thorough, must have excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrate initiative and be results oriented with flexibility and tenacity
- Demonstrate the ability to continuously adjust priorities to reflect changing circumstances
- Ability to work in a dynamic cross-organizational team environment
- Strong dedication to provide quality customer service
- Effective problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to quickly identify the cause of issues with the system or determine if other teams need to be included in resolving an issue
- Ability to manage own projects including communications to customers as well as work as part of a larger team managed by a project manager
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as necessary
- Interim Secret security clearance is required.
Monday, March 26, 2018