Senior Cyber Security Engineer – Client Facing
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Denver, CO
Remote - Full Time, Direct Hire
Preferred Locations: Denver, CO Phoenix, AZ Salt Lake City, UT Minneapolis, MN
This entity provides core tax and audit services as well as technology consulting. They are a NetSuite global Top 5 Partner and three-time 5-Star Award winner. Their team of NetSuite consultants' diverse industry expertise spans not-for-profits, e-commerce and wholesale distribution. They guide clients through every phase of their NetSuite implementation, from requirements gathering and project planning to system design, data migration, customization, and training and support.
Typical Day in the Life
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will help clients cost effectively improve, manage and protect infrastructure to meet business demands by developing on premise and cloud strategies, processes, and tools for secure implementations, operations, support and secure management. You will also work directly with clients to prepare, protect, detect, respond and recover along all points of the security lifecycle. You understand the technical and non-technical issues and challenges they are facing and use this knowledge and your experience to design tailored technical solutions that align to the organization's objectives and needs.
A typical day as a Senior Security Engineer may include:
- Perform assessments and deliver action plans and roadmaps for our clients to close their technical and security related gaps
- Design, implement and manage various technologies for clients with security, high availability, disaster recovery, performance and reliability for network and server systems.
- Consult with clients to provide recommendations on how to improve their technical environments and ensure a high-level of uptime.
- Identify new and leverage existing technology solutions to solve security problems
- Evaluate and implement new security technologies for our clients to improve their security posture
- Lead systems analysis and ensure satisfactory performance by providing recommendations, assessments, planning, deployment, configuring, systems integration, troubleshooting, problem resolution, and maintenance of operating systems, software applications, web deployed applications, and systems security.
- Develop technical summary information and reports for presentation to management and clients
- Perform research and lead proof of concept efforts to determine where additional technologies may be necessary
- Escalate support issues to vendors as required.
- Manage, troubleshoot and resolve large scale outages and respond to computer security incidents
- Engage with incident response teams and client IT teams for rapid containment and log collection
- Lead solution architecture, implementation and support to protect customer environments from breach and other threats
- Use techniques and tools to detect and respond to advanced threats, actor techniques, anomalous or suspicious activity to systems and data
- Assist with comprehensive investigations and triage on wide variety of client environments and implement respond and remediation efforts
- Cultivate new and existing client relationships to identify technology and security opportunities with clients and prospects based on business and technology conversations
- Develop Statements of Work with defining scope, approach and estimated work effort to support our clients' needs
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership to grow technical staff knowledge and experience
- Maintain awareness of technology trends and issues to apply that knowledge to client issues and solutions.
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to complex security and technology issues
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, infrastructure security
- Ideal candidate will have more than 10 years working in a similar role focused on advising clients on security posture and security best practices.
- You have extensive history designing, implementing and managing security solutions.
- You have prior experience presenting to C Level executives, business owners and stakeholders and are effective engaging in technical discussions with non-technical leaders and briefing senior executives on threats in their current environment and industry
- Confident in leading project meetings and working as part of a technical team to design, implement and manage security solutions.
- Work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible and able to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs and willingness to work extended hours when needed.
- Rigorous attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- You have the ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Your communications are polished and you are able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical clients.
- Experience with a wide range of security-related topics such as authentication, identity management, data protection, data loss prevention, encryption, principle of least privilege, software attack methodologies, secure data transfer, secure data storage, etc.
- Excellent understanding of IT protocols, technologies such as TCP/IP, OSI model and various other protocols, tools and methods
- Excellent communication and collaboration with team members, practice areas and clients
- Excellent windows and network troubleshooting abilities
- You have prior experience with Virtualization platforms.
- You have experience with next generation endpoint protection and email security filtering solutions.
- You have experience maintaining and engineering diverse infrastructures.
- Strong experience, working knowledge and best practice understanding of:
- Azure: Active Directory, IaaS, Security, Cloud App Security, Sentinel, Intune
- M365: Email, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Security, ATP, Windows Defender, Conditional Access Controls, MFA
- On premise Microsoft technologies from servers to workstations, VMware, Endpoint Protection, Next Gen Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Content Filters
- Network technologies including SonicWALL, Cisco and FortiGate
- Familiar with NIST, HIPAA, PCI, and other security standards and requirements
- MCSE, MCSA, MS-100, VCP, CCNA or at least one certification in server, desktop operating systems or similar certification or related experience required.
- AZ-500 Microsoft Azure Security Technologies and AZ-900 Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certification
- Obtain additional certifications as needed
- Travel up to 40% possible
Why You'll Love Working Here
Their business is about making their clients' businesses better. The driving force motivating each and every engagement is to understand client needs and to discover the best-fit solutions that will yield valuable results for their business. What makes them different: A proactive, consultative approach to people, process and technology, and their incredible team.
Monday, December 7, 2020