Google Cloud Security Consultant (Remote)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Portland, OR
Our consultants are skilled technical and consultative resources expected to be strong in both technical and soft skills. A Consultant must be a proven self-starter with the ability to problem-solve, communicate, participate in diverse project teams from a technical perspective, and interface effectively with customers, vendor partners, and colleagues. Establish & maintain productive and respectful relationships with the delivery team, practice management, and client management team.
You will actively contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives. Deliver timely engagements and works closely with Practice Directors to drive training and education, career development, performance development, and collaboration across the team.
Specifically as a Cloud Security Consultant II the candidate will assist with the development and implementation for Google Cloud Professional cloud security architectures for protecting PHI/PII/PCI data deployed into various cloud, hybrid, and on-premise systems. This position will directly contribute to the overall implementation of global enterprise security cloud architecture while working closely with senior staff to enhance and develop new designs and security strategies across all types of cloud-based applications (including infrastructure, platform, and software as a service.) The Cloud Security Engineer will partner with both senior staff and clients directly to ensure open lines of communication and clear understanding of objectives within each project. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, required for partnering with both internal resources and external clients and resources.
In line with our client's commitment to quality, you will confirm that work is of the highest quality as per client’s quality standards, by reviewing the work provided by other members.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Participate and occasionally lead in capacity planning and HW specification recommendation efforts.
- Participate in all Technology deployment activities, connector configuration, custom rule development, workflow configuration and development, and third-party system integration.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing and bug-related engineering efforts and occasionally leads the efforts.
- Design and implement on specific technology build processes, code migration, and source control use of both small and large projects.
- Successfully provide knowledge transfer and post production support activities as necessary.
- Effective team communicator.
- Mentors less experienced consultants
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional associations such as ISSA.
- Obtain and maintain top tier vendor certification.
- Complete administrative project tasks like time and expense entry, status reporting, and project completion reporting.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 2-5 years of related work experience.
- Approximately 2-5 years of technical architecture experience
- Implement security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Thoroughly document implementations, via technical documentation and run-books for the client
- Provide input and feedback on security architectures
- Possess a firm understanding of the offerings and capabilities within GCP platforms
- Possess a solid understanding and have experience with systems automation platforms and technologies.
- Represent Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global cloud enterprise architecture
- Customer facing role – Walk thru to white boarding of architecture and implementation planning to stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of large scale environments
- Knowledge of at least 2 security concepts and methods such as vulnerability assessments, data classification, privacy assessments, incident response, security policy creation, enterprise security strategies, architectures and governance.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented individual with strong attention to detail, and strong organizational skills
- Excellent, detailed writing skills
- Expert knowledge of using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Basic understanding of Services organization and key areas of focus.
- Ability to build consensus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Valid driver's license in the US
- The successful candidate must hold or be willing to pursue related professional certification
Friday, February 22, 2019