Electronics Engineer to Support MDA - Huntsville
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Huntsville, AL
Seeking Intermediate and Senior Missile Electronics Engineers to support Missile Defense Agency Ground Based Midcourse Defense Program efforts and provide Ground Systems engineering support directly related to the Next Generation Interceptor (NGI) project offices (GMX and GMY) electronics design engineering, guidance and navigation technologies and engineering documentation. These Engineers will support NGI development and delivery activities in accordance with the standard Systems Engineering Lifecycle of a program.
- Execute product-engineering functions with a focus on the NGI avionics packages, power, grounding, and guidance and navigation technologies – evaluating designs, requirements, survivability, and failure-review process.
- Support Systems Engineering Milestone Reviews, boards and working level meetings by assisting in developing agendas and content, comprehending action items, and assisting in resolving issues as required, tracking actions to completion, providing meeting summaries, and capturing lessons learned.
- Apply critical thinking analytical/engineering skills and problem-solving methodology to assigned tasks, to identify the problem, determine courses of action, develop paths ahead for task completion, and formulate recommendations to the Customer.
- Assist in the development of Executive level briefings, papers, and other correspondence,
- Support the Government Integrated Product Team by representing the interests of the Customer in working group forums, and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIMs)
- Identify, define and characterize development-related programmatic and technical risks, provide the evidence-based rationale for this and recommend mitigation for informed management decisions.
- Perform missile component Integration and system timing analysis; Support Warfighter coordination and integration; Work with component developers to review and assess verification plans for NGI components.
- BS Degree required, MS Degree preferred in Electronics Engineering or related technical field with 9+ years of related electronic engineering/system engineering experience preferably with MDA engineering programs
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a top secret clearance
- Familiarity and experience with missile component development, test, production, and integration.
- Familiarity with electronics design for survivability along with survivability testing and familiarity and experience with missile component development, test, and integration.
- Solid technical writing and presentation development capability
- Familiarity with DoD acquisition practices (DoD 5000 acquisition lifecycle, contract types, financial planning/execution of appropriations, acceptable finance and cost estimating techniques).
Tuesday, November 10, 2020