EDIS Cyber Security Engineer
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Colorado Springs, CO
Seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer for the Engineering, Development, Integration, and Sustainment (EDIS) program. This position is to support the Space and Missile Systems Center Advanced Systems & Development Directorate (SMC/ AD) to develop, deploy, modernize, and expand the EDIS program and its customers.
Key responsibilities are:
- Ensures that the cybersecurity architecture and design of the customer’s systems are functional and secure with the ability to protect, detect, and respond.
- Recommends mitigation efforts for cybersecurity events.
- Oversees system and network designs that encompass multiple computer and network devices to include those with differing data protections/classification requirements.
- Provides security engineering, integration services, technical assessments, and solutions to enable Defensive Cyberspace Operations.
- Defines system security requirements, assesses system security architecture designs, and supports the development and sustainment of an enterprise Risk Management Framework (RMF) Accreditation package through all lifecycle phases.
- Supports cybersecurity activities for space, ground, operations, logistics, and sustainment elements of the Remote Sensing enterprise by identifying risks, issues, and interdependencies between system elements, contracts and stakeholders.
- Developing DCO and incident response Tactics, Techniques and Procedures to monitor and protect the system from cyber-attacks.
- Must currently possess an active Secret level clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- B.S. degree and a minimum of 5 years with or 3 years with Master’s relevant experience in Cybersecurity Engineering, obtained minimum of Information
- Assurance Security Engineer (IASAE) Level I DOD 8140 (was DOD 8570) certification (CASP, CSSLP, CISSP (associate). Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
- Contribute to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
- Working experience in government or industry leading enterprise-level cyber security efforts involving architecting, designing, development, and configuration of cloud and on premise based systems and software
Thursday, August 22, 2019