Seeking a Business Development Director for a Fortune 500 Company in Reston, VA. This position reports to the Vice President of Programs (VPP) in the Federal Civilian Customer Group. The successful candidate will share overall responsibility for business development strategy, planning and execution for opportunities with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid and other Health and Human Services customers, as directed. This position was specifically tailored to attract and grow the next generation of the Company’s Federal Civilian leadership. The successful candidate will demonstrate the experience and career path trajectory required to manage the full scope of business practices required to manage a book of business, including business development, pipeline development, client management, and proposal development responsibilities.
The successful candidate understands the missions of the respective Agencies and their cultures, organizational components, leadership, major programs and their challenges. This role effectively encompasses two primary areas of responsibility, Business Development and capture management support. The candidate is responsible for leading target Agency strategic planning and positioning with full support from a corporate infrastructure that includes, capture management, proposal development and management, subject matter expertise covering a broad range of portfolio capabilities. Assess opportunities to eliminate or move forward through Company’s Pre-Award process so an opportunity is included in Company’s pipeline metrics as a qualified opportunity.
The Business Development responsibilities include opportunity identification, qualification and maturation to assist Company in determining pursue no pursue decisions. The Business Development responsibilities require the candidate to lead the throughout the qualification process and stay deeply involved in developing the company’s win strategy. This position is a senior level business development and therefore it is expected this individual will manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities in various stages of maturity. The Business Development activities will promote the complete portfolio of services from Company’s Market Segments to our client base.
The Market Segments include Engineering, Integration & Mission Solutions, Information Technology and Solutions, and Platform Integration, Logistics, Readiness & Sustainment. Also include Software Integration, Managed IT services; Hardware Integration &Logistics/Supply Chain management; Mission Engineering and Program Support; Training Services; Cyber, Cloud & Data Sciences; Intelligence Systems Engineering and Policy.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelors or 4 years’ experience in lieu of a degree and 18+ or more of related experience.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Must have prior Business Development Government contracting experience
• The candidate must have a reputation for being able to build and work within high performance teams in a matrix-management environment.
• Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
• He/she must be able to communicate well with senior and executive management within a company and with key federal customers.
• A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex, prime integration services or systems engineering contract awards with values over $50M that meets and exceeds challenging goals and quotas is required.
• Five years of related and recent federal business development experience is required. Ten plus years of recent business development experience.
• Past experience in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid including, customer relationships, and an understanding of the buying trends of the agency is considered an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be able to reference a portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
• Candidates must have highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry- out daily interactions with internal technical leaders and business executives, with the customers, and with teammates and subcontractors.
• Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
• This position is based in Reston, VA and will require business travel as needed.