Network Security/Firewall Administrator (Secret Clearance)
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Washington, DC
We are seeking a Firewall Administrator to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering.
This is a mid-level position within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Service Management Office (SMO), providing general Tier II monitoring, configuration, and support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems. The position directly supports DoS on-site to provide perimeter security protection to over 80,000 customers globally.
Description of Duties:
- Provides Tier 2 support in the monitoring, management, and troubleshooting of perimeter devices to include firewalls, proxies, switches, and mail transport agents
- Monitor Remedy application for Firewall Operations trouble tickets for incidents and service requests.
- Implements firewall routing rules and policies
- Escalates issues as required to Tier 3 staff and monitors issues through the trouble life cycle
- Performs recurring maintenance activities such as device reboots on perimeter devices
- Records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic
- Collaborate with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as they relate to perimeter security.
- Support Diplomatic Security Computer Incident Response Team by implementing IP address blocks as directed.
- Routinely updates architecture diagrams using Visio
- Monitor and perform health checks on multiple perimeter security devices.
- Draft, coordinate and publish outage notifications as required.
- Update shift logs and provide logs to leadership daily.
- Troubleshoot perimeter security devices in conjunction with Tier III and vendor-provided support.
- Maintain standard operating procedures and guides.
- Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participate in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
- 2 to 3 years IT Customer Support experience (Tier I and/or Tier II).
- BA degree in an IT related discipline or additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience supporting the monitoring and configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies
- First-hand experience with supporting the monitoring and configuration of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (StoneGate, Palo Alto, Cisco Email Security Appliances (ESA), A10 proxy devices).
- Pearl and Linux (Redhat, CentOS) CLI experience.
- Experienced in utilizing network monitoring tools such as Nagios and NeuralStar
- Basic Microsoft Windows Server 2008 implementation and troubleshooting from a security/firewall perspective.
- Intermediate knowledge in configuring Cisco switches.
- Experienced with TCP/IP network implementation and troubleshooting.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Basic knowledge configuring CISCO networking devices.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) eligible for TOP SECRET clearance.
Wednesday, August 28, 2019