Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller
Access Talent Today, LLC
- Reston, VA
Seeking a Senior Vice President, Corporate Controller who will serve as a critical business partner to the CFO and other members of the executive leadership team as well as play an active role in managing the relationship with the Chairman of the Audit Committee and external auditors. They will be an active and contributing member of the senior management team working with the CEO, CFO and business unit leaders.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s finance and accounting functions, including regulatory compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, and public company reporting requirements with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Responsible for compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and other government contracting regulatory requirements.
- Govern and manage internal controls over financial reporting subject to Sarbanes-Oxley Act Section 404.
- Manage the company’s finance and accounting activities including financial reporting responsible for the company’s external financial reporting 10Q and 10K, technical accounting, government compliance, financial shared services and Costpoint operations.
Oversee the design and execution of accounting policies, revenue recognition, cost accounting and the development and implementation of related systems, controls and procedures.
- Provide financial leadership on key business initiatives and objectives. Responsible for insightful analysis and reporting of financial information to key stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with executives, audit committee, external and internal auditors, DCAA and DCMA.
- Oversee a 300+ person financial shared service center to include payroll operations, accounts receivable, accounts payable and contract project set up.
- Support the Quarterly Business Reviews and assist CFO and CEO with earnings call and other analysts/investor meetings.
- Oversee the company’s disclosure statements and indirect rate and fringe strategy and execution.
- Lead finance due diligence and acquisition integration for M&A activities.
- Drive to be a key participant in the strategy and resource allocation; ensure internal metrics and functional budgets are maintained; information systems are adequate and reliable.
- Detailed knowledge of tax regulations, filings and tax compliance.
- 15+ years of experience with accounting and financial reporting, including supporting SEC filings.
- 15+ years of experience with a public company in Aerospace and Defense/Government Contracting.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in related field. CPA required.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and company accounting policies and practices, and unquestioned integrity in the application of such standards.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with a respectful, positive, professional presentation style.
- Build and maintain a best-in-class finance team at the corporate level of the company.
- Ability to effectively present information and provide timely, reliable, courteous service to internal and external customers.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Monday, July 6, 2020